Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Left Lane SnAils!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by robg520d
+1

Its all the bloody time, whenever i drive into a city, its like people see the beemer, and get drawn in front of it! It must have some hidden "pulling" power! Its always old drivers and young girls who've just passed their test! Grrr! Its soooo annoyin!! ha
+2

Only plus side with that is the eye candy!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

This is one of my biggest pet peaves as well since I'm almost always driving the fastest on the road....no matter what car I'm driving.

There's always some car in front of me that seems to feel entitled to the left lane and is oblivious to what's going on around them.

And I have to add that a lot of these times, most of the cars are damn Priuses. There was a program in CA that gave hybrid car owners a carpool lane sticker so they can drive in that lane during commute hours even if they're by themselves (regular car drivers have to have 2 or some cases, 3 or more people in their car to use that lane). But these Priuses would go straight to the left lane and just sit there even when the carpool lane is open to anyone during non-commute hours. AND THEY WON'T MOVE OVER!!!

I need to get this sticker. Just hope I don't end up driving behind a cop.
Left Lane SnAils!!!-move-over-banner.jpg
Old 05-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
This is one of my biggest pet peaves as well since I'm almost always driving the fastest on the road....no matter what car I'm driving.

There's always some car in front of me that seems to feel entitled to the left lane and is oblivious to what's going on around them.

And I have to add that a lot of these times, most of the cars are damn Priuses. There was a program in CA that gave hybrid car owners a carpool lane sticker so they can drive in that lane during commute hours even if they're by themselves (regular car drivers have to have 2 or some cases, 3 or more people in their car to use that lane). But these Priuses would go straight to the left lane and just sit there even when the carpool lane is open to anyone during non-commute hours. AND THEY WON'T MOVE OVER!!!

I need to get this sticker. Just hope I don't end up driving behind a cop.
Attachment 106048
That is a great idea.... the sticker I mean.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by safetywork
That is a great idea.... the sticker I mean.
Yeah, you can get them here: http://www.leftlanedrivers.org/

A whole site dedicated to left land drivers and regaining that sacred strip of pavement used for FASTER TRAFFIC AND PASSING ONLY!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Actually, this banner is probably a bit more "nicer".

Left Lane SnAils!!!-slower-traffic-banner.jpg
Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Yup. Gotta love the "left lane police" as I call em. Not only do they drive the speed limit in the left lane (often slower) but they seem to think it's their duty to uphold the posted speed limit and make sure no one gets past them. Then, when you finally manage to get in front of them don't be surprised to see THEM give YOU a dirty look or even the bird. I would love to get in the minds of some of these people to really understand their thought process.

A friend and I got in a huge argument about this the other day. I'm riding passenger in his car and we're in the left lane going 10 over. A car comes flying up in our lane and my friend started slowing down. His argument was that he was already going 10 over and there's no reason for someone else to be traveling that fast. For some reason that really struck a chord with me and I just layed into him. Needless to say, I haven't talked to this guy since then...LOL
Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahah if I'm not moving as fast or faster than the cars in the other lanes... I'm annoyed... I didnt say speeding... I just cant be the slow on one the road LOL

Hummm I should try and cruise exactly 64mph in the Left Lane with an M5 and see how many people I can piss off... when its empty people do 80 here!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I have only gone slow in the left lane once, and there was a reason. One morning when I was coming to work I was in the left lane on the freeway, I glance in my mirror and I see the top half of the hood of a Dodge Charger - he was so lose to my rear (and I was travelling quickly) that I could not see the front of his hood much less his headlights. So what did I do? Got off the gas and coasted until I was doing, literally, 35 mph - if you're going to be an asshole I can be one too
Old 05-21-2010, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Alabama and several other states have had "move over for faster traffic" laws on the books for years, just now they finally started enforcing them.

Also We have another law that passing Snails to the right is also ok, along with impeding the flow of traffic is a ticket able offense... GtFOotW! When I lived in Atl it was far worse than here, I could not imagine DC, DFW,Chi, or LA.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:40 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

We seem to have a lot of "left lane police" in MA...
If you're going to cruise on the highway do so in the appropiate lane. In MA the left lane is designated a passing lane only. If you ain't passing move over! When I cruise it's middle and right lane all the way.
And If you're going to be a dick and not move over I will pass you on the right and you will receive the bird via sunroof as a wake up call. It is not your job to enforce the speed limit and it is also illegal to do so in MA.

Common Practice and most law on United States Highways is that the left lane is reserved for passing and faster moving traffic, and that traffic using the left lane must yield to traffic wishing to overtake. The United States Uniform Vehicle Code states:
Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic ...
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology's website on "Keep Right Laws" points out that:
This law refers to the "normal" speed of traffic, not the "legal" speed of traffic. The 60 MPH driver in a 55 MPH zone where everybody else is going 65 MPH must move right..."[1]
It is also illegal in many states in the U.S. to use the "far left" or passing lane on a major highway as a travelling lane (as opposed to passing), or to fail to yield to faster moving traffic that is attempting to overtake in that lane. For example, Colorado's "Left Lane Law" states:
A person shall not drive a motor vehicle in the passing lane of a highway if the speed-limit is sixty-five miles per hour or more unless such person is passing other motor-vehicles that are in a non-passing lane...(emphasis added)[2]
Other examples, such as Massachusetts (General Statute 89-4, New Jersey, Maine, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and others, make it illegal to fail to yield to traffic that seeks to overtake in the left lane[citation needed], or to create any other "obstruction" in the passing lane that hinders the flow of traffic.

Quick Reply: Left Lane SnAils!!!