Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Left Lane SnAils!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Navy 550I

Am I the only one , but don't you hate a left lane SNAIL!!! That shit annoys me!!.. What about you? If I'm cruisin I stay to the right, but if in a hurry MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY!!!..LOL
Old 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Members

LMAO... had someone do that to me a few minutes ago on the belt parkway... Weird... I wonder what they were thinking... The first thing they did was cut me off which made me brake and cut my speed from 60 to 40 and then I had to follow them for about 2 miles because cars were flying past me.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by kane1111
Am I the only one , but don't you hate a left lane SNAIL!!! That shit annoys me!!.. What about you? If I'm cruisin I stay to the right, but if in a hurry MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY!!!..LOL
Worse than someone going slow in the left lane is someone going slow in the left lane and pacing the car along side them for miles.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

This is one thing that I detest!! Obviously for me though in the UK it's the right lane lurkers!!

However, in the UK, people aren't too bad for this. However, whenever I'm in the States, I notice that people are terrible for it! I admit, that this is Florida I'm talking about! I am there quite often as I have a holiday place there, and also my parents live there too, and whenever I'm driving out on I-4 or the Turnpike, there are SOOOOOOOOO many guys sat in the left lane doing 65mph, which is almost always 1 or 2mph faster or slower than the car they are over taking!! I really do think that the Floridian drivers are pretty damn bad! I have my Florida Drivers License, and therefore I know the handbook inside out as I studied it very carefully before doing my test and theory. And I know for a fact, that it strongly focusses on "hogging" the left lane! And even the white signs down the highways and Turnpike etc that say, "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" if I remember correctly, don't seem to affect these drivers!! ARGHHH!! SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating!! Anyway! Rant over!!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

The worse ones are those who change lanes in front you but seem to hold a good pace, then once in your lane they slow down, THEN keep pace with the car in the #2 lane.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 1SIKBMR
LMAO... had someone do that to me a few minutes ago on the belt parkway... Weird... I wonder what they were thinking... The first thing they did was cut me off which made me brake and cut my speed from 60 to 40 and then I had to follow them for about 2 miles because cars were flying past me.
I can remember when the Belt Parkway had a speed limit of 35MPH!!! :thumbsdown:
If you ever went 40 they nailed you big time. they also had a MCY squad near Canarsie that patrolled. since the season was short they really enjoyed pulling cars over in good weather. In winter and bad weather they were in cars with MCY on the door, and as I recall they wore full leather at all times.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Richard in NC
Worse than someone going slow in the left lane is someone going slow in the left lane and pacing the car along side them for miles.
+10000. That's the worst. And sometimes I have no doubt that it's deliberate.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

I guess I move my car to the right lane.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I could rant about this for hours...and hours....and hours.....a...n...d....h...o...u...r...s.........

Ethyl in here lime green Toyota Camry...mmm...I am going 50...mmmm...why would anyone want to go faster....mmm....where is country kitchen buffet?
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010(60) BMW 520d SE, Manual, In Sophisto Grey with Cream/Black Interior and Piano Black trim

Originally Posted by Krozi
I could rant about this for hours...and hours....and hours.....a...n...d....h...o...u...r...s.........
+1

Its all the bloody time, whenever i drive into a city, its like people see the beemer, and get drawn in front of it! It must have some hidden "pulling" power! Its always old drivers and young girls who've just passed their test! Grrr! Its soooo annoyin!! ha

Quick Reply: Left Lane SnAils!!!