Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

LeBron is a Sore Loser!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have lost all respect for LeBron! Although I am a die hard Laker fan, I have followed LeBron throughout his carrier and really pushed for a Laker/Cavs Finals. But after reading this crap of a direct quote, it made me sick! I've seen kids at a Pop Warner game have more class than he.

Here' a kid that has a wealth...both in talent & assets....but yet lacks the professionalism expected from a pro athlete. granted, he did just come out of HS several yrs ago....but there IMHO, his lack of respect for DW and the Orlando Magic is plain out....classless!

And yes LeBron, it IS being a poor sport! In the words of Yao...."Don't be a baby.."!

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- LeBron James finally talked about not making the NBA Finals, and he insisted Cleveland's loss to Orlando will not impact his future with the Cavaliers.

James stormed out of Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals. The league MVP, who also did not shake hands with Olympic teammate Dwight Howard or congratulate any Orlando players as he left the floor, said Sunday that he's happy in Cleveland and feels the Cavs made major progress this season.

"I'm great. I feel great about this situation that's going on," James said. "You want to continue to get better, that's all you can ask. We got better and I feel this team will be better next season. You don't want to take a step backward. I think we went forward from the Boston series [a Game 7 loss in the semis] last year."

"Hopefully we can go forward next year."

The Cavaliers won 66 regular-season games and their second Central Division title this season.

James, who averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.2 assists against Orlando, said he hasn't given any thought to signing a contract extension with the Cavs this summer.

Cleveland can offer the extension on July 18 -- the three-year anniversary of him signing his previous deal.

"I don't know," James said when asked if he'll sign. "I haven't thought about it just yet. I'm just going to take time off from basketball and not think about contracts or the game period. I'll relax with my family we'll figure out once it comes from them."

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Source: ESPN

Old 06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I was wondering when you were going to post this here
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Not surprising, really.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='896893' date='Jun 1 2009, 12:11 PM
Not surprising, really.
for me, it was very surprising! he's always handled himself very well in the media, seemingly much more mature than his age. but i guess when adversity hits you in the gut, he eventually shows his true colors!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

lol sportscenter this morning they were showing all the sore losers

I can understand him to some extent, i been there i know what it feels

BUT as a leader of the team you have to show your teammates have class and congratulate the other team...unless its like a Red Sox vs. Yankees series or Lakers and Boston then Fuck That

Poor Mo Williams was talking about Christmas at the post game interview
Old 06-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

I don't see what the big deal is. He is obviously a competitor and doesn't want to lose. Is he expected to shake Orlando's hand and say I'm happy for you when he obviously doesn't really feel that way?? I really do not seeing him staying in Cleavland. If he has a chance to team up with Wade or Bosh on a team in NY I'm sure he will take it. He can't win a championship with him being the only one showing up in games.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='896920' date='Jun 1 2009, 12:30 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. He is obviously a competitor and doesn't want to lose. Is he expected to shake Orlando's hand and say I'm happy for you when he obviously doesn't really feel that way?? I really do not seeing him staying in Cleavland. If he has a chance to team up with Wade or Bosh on a team in NY I'm sure he will take it. He can't win a championship with him being the only one showing up in games.
so you don't find it odd that the rest of the HIS team stayed to shake Orlando's hands? not to mention all of the other teams that's gone fishing, they've all had the courtesy to stick around to congratulate and shake the winning teams hand. you must not of played any organized sports in your day.

c'mon Phil, you a smart cat....that ain't right! we ALL have a competitive edge, regardless of what level it may be. what he did just shows he's a spoiled brat and when he doesn't get what he wants, he'll pout and stomp off like a "baby"!

he needs a lesson in manners and bow down to the REAL KING!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Unexpected from Lebron.
But, then I remembered.... he is, what 24 years old?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

One word "SPORTMANSHIP" and Lebron is on the bottom of that list rightnow! LOL

Damn! I like Lebron!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='896860' date='Jun 1 2009, 11:37 AM
I have lost all respect for LeBron! Although I am a die hard Laker fan, I have followed LeBron throughout his carrier and really pushed for a Laker/Cavs Finals. But after reading this crap of a direct quote, it made me sick! I've seen kids at a Pop Warner game have more class than he.

Here' a kid that has a wealth...both in talent & assets....but yet lacks the professionalism expected from a pro athlete. granted, he did just come out of HS several yrs ago....but there IMHO, his lack of respect for DW and the Orlando Magic is plain out....classless!

And yes LeBron, it IS being a poor sport! In the words of Yao...."Don't be a baby.."!

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- LeBron James finally talked about not making the NBA Finals, and he insisted Cleveland's loss to Orlando will not impact his future with the Cavaliers.

James stormed out of Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals. The league MVP, who also did not shake hands with Olympic teammate Dwight Howard or congratulate any Orlando players as he left the floor, said Sunday that he's happy in Cleveland and feels the Cavs made major progress this season.

"I'm great. I feel great about this situation that's going on," James said. "You want to continue to get better, that's all you can ask. We got better and I feel this team will be better next season. You don't want to take a step backward. I think we went forward from the Boston series [a Game 7 loss in the semis] last year."

"Hopefully we can go forward next year."

The Cavaliers won 66 regular-season games and their second Central Division title this season.

James, who averaged 38.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 8.2 assists against Orlando, said he hasn't given any thought to signing a contract extension with the Cavs this summer.

Cleveland can offer the extension on July 18 -- the three-year anniversary of him signing his previous deal.

"I don't know," James said when asked if he'll sign. "I haven't thought about it just yet. I'm just going to take time off from basketball and not think about contracts or the game period. I'll relax with my family we'll figure out once it comes from them."

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Source: ESPN

"I'm a winner" Not really Lebron, you are a spoiled child in a grown man's body! You've had so much success and so little adversity, you don't know that being a good loser as well as being a good winner is essential! Perhaps now you won't be as ego maniacal as you have been thus far, (posing after shots, that STUPID powder thing before every game etc.). Welcome to the real world Lebron where the REAL winners work hard to put food on the table and have the ability to admit that they are not perfect!

Quick Reply: LeBron is a Sore Loser!