Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Law Help - Supreme Court Case

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Good luck, and once again, GIVE 'EM HELL!!
Old 05-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='577979' date='May 10 2008, 04:22 PM
So the fire is due to "Natural Causes" What like spontaneous combustion???? You gotta be kidding me! Fire is indeed a natural element, but the cause has to be otherwise!

Here's some things to read..

Torts > Negligence > Causation > Proximate Cause > General Overview

HN1 It is a general principle that every person is liable for the consequences of his own acts. He is thus liable in damages for the proximate results of his own acts, but not for remote damages.

HN2 That a building upon which sparks and cinders fall should be destroyed or seriously injured must be expected, but that the fire should spread and other buildings be consumed, is not a necessary or an usual result. That it is possible, and that it is not unfrequent, cannot be denied. The result, however, depends, not upon any necessity of a further communication of the fire, but upon a concurrence of accidental circumstances, such as the degree of the heat, the state of the atmosphere, the condition and materials of the adjoining structures and the direction of the wind. These are accidental and varying circumstances. The party has no control over them, and is not responsible for their effects.

HN3 What never was, never ought to be.

Governments > Local Governments > Claims By & Against
Real Property Law > Adjoining Landowners > Mines & Mining
Torts > Premises Liability & Property > General Premises Liability > Premises > General Overview

HN4 Nearly all fires are caused by negligence, in its extended sense. In a country where wood, coal, gas and oils are universally used, where men are crowded into cities and villages, where servants are employed, and where children find their home in all houses, it is impossible that the most vigilant prudence should guard against the occurrence of accidental or negligent fires. A man may insure his own house or his own furniture, but he cannot insure his neighbor's building or furniture, for the reason that he has no interest in them. To hold that the owner must not only meet his own loss by fire, but that he must guarantee the security of his neighbors on both sides, and to an unlimited extent, would be to create a liability which would be the destruction of all civilized society. No community could long exist, under the operation of such a principle.

Insurance Law > Property Insurance > Coverage > General Overview

HN5 In a commercial country, each man, to some extent, runs the hazard of his neighbor's conduct, and each, by insurance against such hazards, is enabled to obtain a reasonable security against loss. To neglect such precaution, and to call upon his neighbor, on whose premises a fire originated, to indemnify him instead, would be to award a punishment quite beyond the offense committed.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good luck eric.

sooo can anyone here help me in chemistry then? haha jk
Old 05-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Well I had the case today... It was a tie. 10 students judged and the results was 5 v 5. LOL No one won no one lost... I guess that wasnt too bad on our part since back in the late 1800s Ryan was struck down twice... this time Ryan wasnt struck down. LOL