Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Las Vegas - Grand Canyon in a day - possiable ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning for a day trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. This is my 3rd trip to Vages but first to visit G.C. Is it possiable for the following itinerary

・Leaving from Bellagio hotel (Between 8:30 - 9:00am approx.)
・Hoover Dam
・Drive through Joshua Tree Forest and Grand Wash Cliffs
・Grand Canyon West Rim
・Eagle Point
・Return back to Las Vegas by 6PM

Am i asking too much for a day ?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

I once took a one day bus tour from Vegas to Hoover Dam but we got back later than 6pm. I think you can squeeze everything in as long as you don't spend hours at each location. I am actually thinking about doing the same thing next time i head to Vegas. The Grand Canyon is simply breathtaking! Its a great place for some still photography. Hope everything works out for ya.

David
Old 12-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

I flew up to the canyon and back in a day.
Better that driving for hours, stopping for 10 minutes and back in the car again to get back to Vegas.
(Unless u can't keep away from your E60 that is.) There are quite a few small scenic airlines that offer day trips.

Can't quite remember the name of the airline I went with. If I think of it later I'll re-post.
Suffice to say it was a 12 seater and I got to sit in the co-pilots seat. Great views.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' post='206290' date='Dec 2 2005, 04:41 PM
Better that driving for hours, stopping for 10 minutes and back in the car again to get back to Vegas.
(Unless u can't keep away from your E60 that is.) There are quite a few small scenic airlines that offer day trips.

Can't quite remember the name of the airline I went with. If I think of it later I'll re-post.
Suffice to say it was a 12 seater and I got to sit in the co-pilots seat. Great views.

Yeah, trips to/from Vegas by car are fun and exciting for about the first 30 minutes. I drove the LA to Vegas and back route once in a "Vegas Baby" kind of outing. It didn't take very long before I was bored out of my skull. My friend, who used to live in LA and had done the trip a few times was doing the whole "I told you so" thing the rest of the trip.

Sounds too rushed to me. Any special reason you need to be back to Vegas by 6PM?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' post='206290' date='Dec 2 2005, 04:41 PM

Suggested to my family traveling with those small plane ( 6 of us in total ) None of them agreed due to safty reason
Old 12-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by Marcusleung' post='206341' date='Dec 2 2005, 11:32 PM
Suggested to my family traveling with those small plane ( 6 of us in total ) None of them agreed due to safty reason
Fairly good reason. But unfortunately, the same could happen on the road.
Usually a few planes take off together. A friend I was with at time time flew up in another plane.
At the time there was roadworks and didn't fancy driving the 300 miles approx and getting delayed on the highway. I think there was only one long road in and it also meant driving back along the same route which we didn't want to do at the time.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Its very possible with these 3 simple conditions!

-a m5
-empty road
-no cops

Old 12-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by Marcusleung' post='206160' date='Dec 2 2005, 05:22 PM
I am planning for a day trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. This is my 3rd trip to Vages but first to visit G.C. Is it possiable for the following itinerary

・Leaving from Bellagio hotel (Between 8:30 - 9:00am approx.)
・Hoover Dam
・Drive through Joshua Tree Forest and Grand Wash Cliffs
・Grand Canyon West Rim
・Eagle Point
・Return back to Las Vegas by 6PM

Am i asking too much for a day ?
Took the bus trip to GC and if I remember right it was a 4hour trip each way I enjoyed it as I hadn't been before you'd be getting it tight to return by 6pm I'm going back to LV for new Year and am intending to see Death Valley this time so can you help me is it possible to see it and return in a day