Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

lamborghini murcielago replica

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029313' date='Oct 10 2009, 01:15 PM
i dont get why people are like "this is neato" but GOD FORBID someone glues an M somewhere on 530 and lynch mob comes out!

oh well. i wasnt saying i didnt respect the hard work. when Speed Force said he "builds them" i assumed it was a business rather then a hobby, at which point the whole sweat and blood thing doesnt really fly as these things were being sold for a profit. since they guy built one for himself and some friends, it is a different story. i do really respect that and the statement it is "worth more" (only to the person that built it of course). but really, if i came to that guys house with a brand new murc, and said, i will trade you the rep for the real thing, he wouldnt even think about grabbing the keys out of hand

But at the end of the day, it is still a pontiac fiero, and the M lynch mob has to agree with me, otherwise they are all just hypocritical.
Craig, I don't agree. Like someone else said, you just don't get it. That's fine. I do however hope that you can appreciate that someone who truly loves an automobile and spends countless hours constructing one is to be viewed in a very different perspective than the guy with the M5 badge. I seriously doubt the replica builder is trying to fool anyone. On the contrary, he's probably the first to admit, and proudly, that he built it from scratch. Isn't that enough? If Mr. M5 badge can take a Fiero (or whatever) and completely build something from the ground up that resembles an M5 and he proudly displays it at car shows as an homage to a great car, then he, too, would have my respect. And no, this is not the same as buying a fake purse. If you knew the passion some of these builders have, you wouldn't even suggest it's the same. If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, then so be it.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

That's great. How do they get rid of the smell of burnt rice?
Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029313' date='Oct 10 2009, 02:15 PM
i dont get why people are like "this is neato" but GOD FORBID someone glues an M somewhere on 530 and lynch mob comes out!

oh well. i wasnt saying i didnt respect the hard work. when Speed Force said he "builds them" i assumed it was a business rather then a hobby, at which point the whole sweat and blood thing doesnt really fly as these things were being sold for a profit. since they guy built one for himself and some friends, it is a different story. i do really respect that and the statement it is "worth more" (only to the person that built it of course). but really, if i came to that guys house with a brand new murc, and said, i will trade you the rep for the real thing, he wouldnt even think about grabbing the keys out of hand

But at the end of the day, it is still a pontiac fiero, and the M lynch mob has to agree with me, otherwise they are all just hypocritical.
That's YOUR assumption. He actually had enough money to put a nice down payment on a real one for low monthly payments but did not want to do that. He knows how much it really cost to own a real Murcielago (insurance, maintenance, gas etc...) So to put your scenario at rest, he actually WOULD THINK (something you fail to do) about doing a trade... come on, the guy put almost 2 years of his life into building a replica he is proud of, and you automatically think he would just throw that away for a real one? Maybe he would or maybe he wouldn't... but don't EVER ASSUME this as I said blood, sweat and tears are priceless. Being a sellout is not something to be proud about.

Building a replica is a totally different story than slapping an M badge on a 530i on so many levels. I guess someone forgot to teach you that COST and WORTH are two entirely different things.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='1029337' date='Oct 10 2009, 02:48 PM
Craig, I don't agree. Like someone else said, you just don't get it. That's fine. I do however hope that you can appreciate that someone who truly loves an automobile and spends countless hours constructing one is to be viewed in a very different perspective than the guy with the M5 badge. I seriously doubt the replica builder is trying to fool anyone. On the contrary, he's probably the first to admit, and proudly, that he built it from scratch. Isn't that enough? If Mr. M5 badge can take a Fiero (or whatever) and completely build something from the ground up that resembles an M5 and he proudly displays it at car shows as an homage to a great car, then he, too, would have my respect. And no, this is not the same as buying a fake purse. If you knew the passion some of these builders have, you wouldn't even suggest it's the same. If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, then so be it.
Well said. At first, the same thing crossed my mind, but after reading your eloquent explanation I, too, have a great deal of respect for the builder.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

That white one looks really badass.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='1029412' date='Oct 10 2009, 04:00 PM
That white one looks really badass.
Cool thing is, he actually gets to drive this thing!!! He is not only an engineer, mechanic...but an ARTIST!

Check out this youtube vid of him driving it, sounds pretty mean to me:

- Pays 86 Fiero insurance
- Pays 86 Fiero Gas
- Pays 86 Fiero maintenance
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Contributors

after calvin broke it down, I completely understand. After speed force tried to make his point by insulting me, i quickly remembered why i left a month ago.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029430' date='Oct 10 2009, 04:35 PM
after calvin broke it down, I completely understand. After speed force tried to make his point by insulting me, i quickly remembered why i left a month ago.
I insulted you? I was sorta just trying to say... DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING, READ and THINK before you post unintelligent comments. I apologize if I came off as insulting you. But you had it coming when you had the balls to bash this piece of art like some lynch mob poser victim. Toughen up kid
Old 10-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1029438' date='Oct 10 2009, 05:41 PM
I insulted you? I was sorta just trying to say... DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING, READ and THINK before you post unintelligent comments. I apologize if I came off as insulting you. Toughen up kid
nothing about my post was unintelligent. Telling me I am unintelligent and I don't think because you disagree with my opinion is wrong. While my opinion was not the popular one here, It doesn't make my feelings any less intelligent then yours. I don't think I am the one at fault in this case.

No matter how much I disagree with someone, I respect their opinion. I may argue my point, but I am not going to tell them they lack intelligence.

and again, "peice of art" is completely subjective.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029160
it has a rep gallardo steering wheel i am pretty sure. i respect the work that goes into it, but you cant say it is worth more then the real thing!
Unintelligent comment #2: Failed to indentify "cost vs worth"...clearly I was not talking about cost of the replica vs real murc.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029170

Unintelligent comment #4: You assume too much, which means you didn't THINK. When you don't think and just assume you come off as UNINTELLIGENT Again, you continue to bash the art as just a "modified pontiac". Sorry, the lynch mob won't help you dig your crap-hole out of this one Craig.

Quick Reply: lamborghini murcielago replica