Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

lamborghini murcielago replica

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry brother. i DO NOT like it AT ALL.

dont like the way it sits, dont like the instrument cluster, dont like the steering wheel, dont like the tiny rotors, the gas and brake pedal.

it is hard to tell in the pics, but it appears to have a much smaller wheelbase. an enthusiast would figure it as a fake at first glance IMO. to a teenage girl, there is no difference, but... to each their own.

In some cases, it may hold some sentimental value, but at the end of the day it is a modified pontiac... it is not worth much more then the real thing, it is worth what someone will pay for it, minus the cost to build it.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029160' date='Oct 10 2009, 06:21 AM
sorry brother. i DO NOT like it AT ALL.

dont like the way it sits, dont like the instrument cluster, dont like the steering wheel, dont like the tiny rotors, the gas and brake pedal.

it is hard to tell in the pics, but it appears to have a much smaller wheelbase. an enthusiast would figure it as a fake at first glance IMO. to a teenage girl, there is no difference.
Wheel base is exactly the same, the ride height is exactly the same...the body is a direct mold off the authentic Murcielago so im not sure what you're seeing differently
This car is still a work in progress as you can tell by the interior pics (things here and there not wrapped yet). Those pictures were taken from when it was about 70% done. He now has the OEM gauge cluster installed with operational paddle shifters on the steering wheel (OEM Murc Steering wheel is somewhere around $6k)... as far as the other stuff, well... it's a replica, and everyone should respect the work/effort that goes into this one. To some, it may not be so pleasing, but that is just judging and looking at it at the surface

When I say "Enthusiast" I mean that a replica builder probably knows a lot more about the lamborghini murcielago than the guy who owns one sitting in the garage collecting dust. My buddy Mike knows the murcielago inside and out like the back of his hand as he has studied everything about it to build a very close replica.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1029161' date='Oct 10 2009, 06:30 AM
Wheel base is exactly the same, the ride height is exactly the same...the body is a direct mold off the authentic Murcielago so im not sure what you're seeing differently
This car is still a work in progress as you can tell by the interior pics (things here and there not wrapped yet). Those pictures were taken from when it was about 70% done. He now has the OEM gauge cluster installed with operational paddle shifters on the steering wheel (OEM Murc Steering wheel is somewhere around $6k)... as far as the other stuff, well... it's a replica, and everyone should respect the work/effort that goes into this one. To some, it may not be so pleasing, but that is just judging and looking at it at the surface
it has a rep gallardo steering wheel i am pretty sure. i respect the work that goes into it, but you cant say it is worth more then the real thing!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029163' date='Oct 10 2009, 05:35 AM
it has a rep gallardo steering wheel i am pretty sure. i respect the work that goes into it, but you cant say it is worth more then the real thing!
Dude, you're not reading or understanding correctly, those pictures as I said are old when it was 70% complete.... He now has the OEM murc steering wheel. When I say "worth" i meant metaphorically: something made with your own blood, sweat and tears is priceless and worth far more than forking out $250k for the real deal. Again, you're looking at this from the surface... you won't "get it".
Old 10-10-2009, 02:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1029169' date='Oct 10 2009, 06:43 AM
Dude, you're not reading or understanding correctly, those pictures as I said are old when it was 70% complete.... He now has the OEM murc steering wheel. When I say "worth" i meant metaphorically: something made with your own blood, sweat and tears is priceless and worth far more than forking out $250k for the real deal. Again, you're looking at this from the surface... you won't "get it".
what i dont get is if it is worth SO MUCH to him in blood and sweat, why is he selling them? you said he builds them, therefore I assume he does it to make a profit. IF it is a hobby and he built one for himself, and he loves it so much and it is his baby, then i will back down and apologize. if he is building it to conduct any sort of business transaction, then the car IS ONLY WORTH what someone will pay for it. blood and sweat goes out the window the minute someone gets in the mindset to build and sell for a profit.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1029170' date='Oct 10 2009, 05:56 AM
what i dont get is if it is worth SO MUCH to him in blood and sweat, why is he selling them? you said he builds them, therefore I assume he does it to make a profit. IF it is a hobby and he built one for himself, and he loves it so much and it is his baby, then i will back down and apologize. if he is building it to conduct any sort of business transaction, then the car IS ONLY WORTH what someone will pay for it. blood and sweat goes out the window the minute someone gets in the mindset to build and sell for a profit.
Hopeless man just hopeless... Again where did I say he "sells them"?

Yes, it's a hobby of course. He's not a manufacturer for crying out loud! He "builds them" as he has built many replicas in the past. Anyone who builds a replica to make a "profit" well...isnt exactly a real enthusiast.

Although he is building a couple replicas for a some of his friends but at a cost for his time and labor...not just for profit. If you wanted a replica, it would cost you his time to build it. So yes, blood, sweat and tears are worth something...isnt that why we pay retail or dealer costs?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

guys, calm down
i think it is just like LV bags, if people have the money, they go to LV store and get one, for those people dont have money and really want one or try to save some money, they go grey market

this replica lambo, if some people dream about lambo (like i do) but i know not many people can afford it, maybe another way to own it
you get the look, get the attention, but not the power, you pay what you get
but if the replica cost close to real one, then of course no one will get replica

for those people who hands on to build cars, it is fun, that's why we mod
Old 10-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='1029171' date='Oct 10 2009, 07:05 AM
Hopeless man just hopeless... Again where did I say he "sells them"?

Yes, it's a hobby of course. He's not a manufacturer for crying out loud! He "builds them" as he has built many replicas in the past. Anyone who builds a replica to make a "profit" well...isnt exactly a real enthusiast.

Although he is building a couple replicas for a some of his friends but at a cost for his time and labor...not just for profit. If you wanted a replica, it would cost you his time to build it. So yes, blood, sweat and tears are worth something...isnt that why we pay retail or dealer costs?
+1

does take alot of hard work. maybe he just takes pure pleasure and personal satisfaction. cant it be as simple as that?? why does everyone look into things so much..

edit.. i did like that ferrari across the street though.. red one assuming thats real
Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

i think the lambo boards say the same thing as the bmw boards. "just debadge it" "ITS NOT A FRICKIN ///M SO STOP TRYING TO BE SOMETHING YOUR NOT, GAWD YOU NOOB, RARAR RAAR RAAR"

Personally i think that white lambo is sweet. It doesnt have the power but i wont ever have to drive it and if it makes that guy happy...cool. I think it looks pretty cool. Might not be 100% perfect but still looks cool...
Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Contributors

i dont get why people are like "this is neato" but GOD FORBID someone glues an M somewhere on 530 and lynch mob comes out!

oh well. i wasnt saying i didnt respect the hard work. when Speed Force said he "builds them" i assumed it was a business rather then a hobby, at which point the whole sweat and blood thing doesnt really fly as these things were being sold for a profit. since they guy built one for himself and some friends, it is a different story. i do really respect that and the statement it is "worth more" (only to the person that built it of course). but really, if i came to that guys house with a brand new murc, and said, i will trade you the rep for the real thing, he wouldnt even think about grabbing the keys out of hand

But at the end of the day, it is still a pontiac fiero, and the M lynch mob has to agree with me, otherwise they are all just hypocritical.

Quick Reply: lamborghini murcielago replica