Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Krozi's back from a sailing trip

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past week, my Dad and I went on a 7 day sailing course, the school is called Offshore Sailing School.
The trip was a LOT of fun, honestly one of my favorite trips to date

Day 1 and 2 consisted of sailing a 26 foot mono-hull sail boat called the "Colgate 26"
That was just to get the basic sailing principles down and get a feel for the different aspects of a sail boat.
It was sorta miserable since it was freaking cold out and we were soaked cause the waves where pretty high...

Day 3: is where the fun started, we went from the tiny Colgate 26 to a 46 foot catamaran. The Leopard 46...they had JUST taken delivery of the boat a month before and we where the first people to sail on it. It's an amazing boat with a LOT of space, it wasn't very windy but we sailed up to Sanibel Island, we anchored in an anchorage and took the dingy and drove to a local bar that was built in the 1930's...they had a tradition where the fishermen would pin up a dollar so if they didn't catch anything they could at least get a beer at the end of the day, so by now everyone that goes there pins up a dollar, and the bar is covered and covered with dollar bills, about $70,000. We sit down, and the captain and my Dad order drinks, I just order a water...I start playing this bar game where you put a stack of coasters on the edge of the bar, fling them up and catch them in the air, I start at like 4 then 10, by the time at 15 coasters, this regular old guy at the other end of the bar takes notice and he is absolutely amazed at this game and kept saying "amazing" and "incredible" By the time I got to 20 half the bar was playing along and we were having a little competition lol, I reach 25 and the guy is so amazed he buys us a round of drinks, my Dad and the captain order, and when the bartender (who was freaking hot as hell with a southern accent) comes over and asks me what I want.. I cautiously order Bud, she asks for my I.D. and I am about to say "nevermind" when the guy who bought the round yells, "just get the boy a damn beer" hahaha so she actually brings one over
We got up to like 26 coasters hahaha Definitely a very fun night.

Day 4: More sailing, more learning, learning how to navigate and use charts, a lot of fun

Day 5: In the morning, my Dad starts feeding seagulls from the stern of the boat...they actually catch the food in the air
. That night we anchored up and grilled burgers on the grill outside and had a couple beers...haha I remember this haha...we were listening to the radio and the song comes on
they keep repeating that verse and towards the end my Dad's like "why the hell is it taking them so long to take their clothes off?!? It's been like 5 minutes!!"

Day 6: We were sailing along and were a little bored...The winches used to pull up the sails, have things on them called "strippers" that feed the line off the winch...so we were naming the 7 different winches...Mandy, Candy, Angel, Crystal, Destiny, Amber, and Lexie lololol That evening was pretty eventful haha, we were all anchored up at night in Big Carlos Pass, and just chillen when we hear a boat outside but we see no navigation lights...kinda sketch lol...so the boat comes closer and closer, and when it's like 50 feet away, it turns on its navigation lights and blue overhead lights...It's the Coast Guard...what did we do wrong? So the pull up quickly to our boat and hook on, "Have you ever been boarded by the Coast Guard before?" The captain replies "yes but not on this boat" so like 4 guys all geared up jump on deck "ok we are going to board your vessel for a safety inspection...are there any drugs or weapons on board? My Dad replies "yea I got a 45 in my bag downstairs" "ok can you show me so we can secure the firearm?" They walk downstairs and when the guy sees the gun (XD-45), he's just like "nice piece" ...so they just look around and check all our gear...life vests...flares...fire extinguishers..registration..etc...I was a little worried cause there where open containers everywhere but only 2 people over 21 lol but they never bothered to ask...so as quickly as they came there where gone again...freaking stealthy as hell

Day 7: Last day on the boat, we end the course by practicing docking maneuvers and get our "diplomas"

The trip was a LOT, LOT, LOT of fun, and the captain was a really chill guy...great times!

Thanks for reading my little novel lol...pics to follow.

-Marc
Old 02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6022.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6023.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6024.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6026.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6027.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6028.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6029.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6030.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6031.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6032.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6033.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6034.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6035.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6037.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6040.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6041.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6042.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6045.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6047.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6050.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6050.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6055.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6057.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6058.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6059.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6065.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6067.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6068.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6072.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6086.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_6088.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7013.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7020.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7024.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7026.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7027.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7029.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7031.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7033.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7034.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7036.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7037.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7038.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7039.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7059.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7070.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7081.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7086.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7102.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7103.jpg  

Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7105.jpg   Krozi's back from a sailing trip-img_7120.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

That is soooo siick Marc! I'm so freakin jealous!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

very nice boat you got there.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22
very nice boat you got there.
Haha not our boat lol, it was the school's

I think they run about $600,000
Old 02-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Nice pics, thanks for sharing
Old 02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

thanks for sharing Marc
Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Sweeeeeet pictures. Thanks for sharing?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Very cool pics. I love the pic of the nav tools. Did they teach you nav skills using basic instruments? GPS kinda voids the need, but I think it would be a good skill to know if it failed while at sea. Pretty cool experience man
Old 02-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

nice pics marc!

Quick Reply: Krozi's back from a sailing trip