Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Kobe drops 81!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

So what do you guys/gals think of Kobe's performance last night against Toronto? Who are the Kobe lovers and Kobe haters in this forum?

I think with the lack of talent around him he doesn't have much of a choice but to win the game himself, for now at least until they get some talent around him.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

just saw it on the news........ ipressive......... however I still can't get to like this guy as much as Shaq ......
Old 01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Members

I'm not a huge fan of his, but there's no denying his talent. I think even the Raptors were amazed and started watching. Boy do we need :'(
Old 01-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

i didn't watch the first half but watched the second half. glad to hear at least couple of the members here don't really like him that much . i personally hate him a lot ! yes, i know many of you will kick me but he's just way too cocky :thumbsdown:. yes, he is a good player but no way he's as good as michael jordan . but mj made everybody around him look better. kobe just completely different. he makes everybody around him look way worse than they were in the previous teams. l.odom is a very good example. i used to hate shaq when he was w/lakers but i started to like him after he went to miami. and i used to love phil jackson when he was w/bulls but i think he looks worse and worse when he went to l.a. it's very amazing a single person could make the whole organization look bad . 81pts, so what ? that's just a proof of what everybody said, "he hogs the ball!" if you look at his stats, 46 fga and 13 3fga but only 6 rebs & 2 asts. that really shows he doesn't like to pass the ball. 46fga! come on! if coaches allow their best players on their teams to throw the ball up 46 times and 13 times from downtown, many players could possibly reach that number. we also have to toronto credits. their defense was horrible :thumbsdown:. how could you not double/triple team a guy when he's having a hot hand ? well, i better stop or i'll have to find anger management .
Old 01-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Very impressive, The Kobster is the man
Old 01-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' post='228503' date='Jan 23 2006, 03:08 PM
i didn't watch the first half but watched the second half. glad to hear at least couple of the members here don't really like him that much :wow:. i personally hate him a lot :devil:! yes, i know many of you will kick me but he's just way too cocky :thumbsdown:. yes, he is a good player but no way he's as good as michael jordan :whistle:. but mj made everybody around him look better. kobe just completely different. he makes everybody around him look way worse than they were in the previous teams. l.odom is a very good example. i used to hate shaq when he was w/lakers but i started to like him after he went to miami. and i used to love phil jackson when he was w/bulls but i think he looks worse and worse when he went to l.a. it's very amazing a single person could make the whole organization look bad :devil:. 81pts, so what :whistle:? that's just a proof of what everybody said, "he hogs the ball!" if you look at his stats, 46 fga and 13 3fga but only 6 rebs & 2 asts. that really shows he doesn't like to pass the ball. 46fga! come on! if coaches allow their best players on their teams to throw the ball up 46 times and 13 times from downtown, many players could possibly reach that number. we also have to toronto credits. their defense was horrible :thumbsdown:. how could you not double/triple team a guy when he's having a hot hand :think:? well, i better stop or i'll have to find anger management :wow: :lol:.
Point well taken. But what if Kobe only shoots the ball around 15-20 times on that game and none of his teamates can't score? Then they lose the game and people will say Kobe sucks because his team can't win. I guess he will do anything and everything he can to win. Even if he takes all the shots, it's a "W" and that's the bottom line. I guess with his image he can't win in the public's eye. He's damn if he hogs but wins and he's damn if he passes the ball but lose. It's not good team ball and it will definitely not win you a championship, unless he proves us wrong. If anybody in the NBA can win a championship all by himself it's him.

Let's think about this for a minute. If all the major superstars in the NBA had no help like Kobe, what team do you think can win it all provided each team will get only one superstar and a bunch of scrubs? My money is with Kobe's team. Not LeBron, not Tim Duncan, not even Shaq can win without any help. But with Kobe's determination and will to win he has the edge over anybody in the NBA. So I guess what it boils down to is he is the best one on one player in the league. He did defer to Shaq in the early stages of their time together and Shaq got all those Finals MVP trophies. So it still remains to be seen whether he will get any good talent around him and how he will respond. Stay tuned.....the Lake show is the greatest soap opera going :wow:
Old 01-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Senior Members

i completely understand what you are trying to say, ferdie. the reason why lakers are junk just because not too many players are willing to be traded to l.a. well, l.odom actually is not a bad player at all. look at lakers before. k.malone and g.payton lowered their salaries to play w/shaq and trying to get some jewelries. maybe i don't know but i have never heard of anyone is willing to do this for kobe. anyway, kobe is a good player but i just don't like him .
Old 01-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Mad skills. That's all I can say
Old 01-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

81 points and TWO assists. 'nough said.