Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

just venting but seriously wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='766132' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:35 AM
wtf is with this ricer blue shit on people's car all of a sudden? we don't drive a god damn honda civic, scion xb, acura integra, or <insert generalization here>. yea yea to each their own but seriously wtf? :thumbsdown:

okay that's all sorry for wasting your time.

michael

when you mean "ricer" do you mean some kind of a bad-ass stereo typing all asian people who eat rice???
if so i am a ricer driving a E60??
Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Ricer (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice")
to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performance intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Cavaliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
- from Urban Dictionary
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Contributors

Old 01-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Contributors

Before a Ricer got this car: A respectable AE86 Trueno. Afterwards: Please euthanize this car to put it out of its misery.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Contributors

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I'm also venting since I got my first speeding ticket this morning . My V1 worked, my brain didn't.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rizbel' post='766578' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:27 AM
Ricer (Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice")
to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performance intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Cavaliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.
- from Urban Dictionary

We say these people "kangaroo" here in Greece, jumping from one mod to the other, putting on their cars everything available, without thinking whether it looks good or not...

BTW nice kangaroos in the pics above!!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

this thread is funny.. Michael... here you go you seemed like you could use it..
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I thought Ricer referred to Asian's that pimpify their cars with the worst taste possible.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='766689' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:07 AM
I thought Ricer referred to Asian's that pimpify their cars with the worst taste possible.
+1...
Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='766689' date='Jan 13 2009, 10:07 AM
It may (or may not) have started with asians...but this phenomenon now has no ethnic boundary =)

Quick Reply: just venting but seriously wtf?