Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

John | Photography Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Sport

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='997809' date='Sep 3 2009, 08:50 PM
You write a lot like 5er_ooomph. Are you related? Are you the same person?
u write on every post. im new and write alot but i c u on all posts. u must be kid.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by M5Wannabe' post='997832' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:06 AM
u write on every post. im new and write alot but i c u on all posts. u must be kid.
Why won't you answer the question?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport

im turning off laptop. by by!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Originally Posted by M5Wannabe' post='997839' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:09 AM
im turning off laptop. by by!
somethings wrong with this kid
Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by stylezzza' post='997857' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:21 AM
somethings wrong with this kid
It's called "being outed".

Just as a FYI, m5_ooomph is the same person as 5er_ooomph. M5_ooomph was banned from the M5Board for lying (according to Gustav, the admin there). But 5er_ooomph, much to my chagrin, was not banned from this board even though he made the same exact false statements on this board.

I am not an IT guy so I can't trace this person's IP address but the writing style of M5Wannabe and 5er_ooomph/M5_ooomph seem identical. And his failure to answer my question to M5Wannbe as to whether he is, in fact, 5er_ooomph, speaks volumes to me.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

Like most of the pics, but got tired a bit by the 'photo chopping'. Less photo chopping art and more camera art

Here's a link to what i call "real immortals".
Old 09-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='998248' date='Sep 4 2009, 06:28 AM
Like most of the pics, but got tired a bit by the 'photo chopping'. Less photo chopping art and more camera art

Here's a link to what i call "real immortals".
went to the link, but what do you mean about "photo chopping"? do you have examples yourself you can show me?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Contributors

Great photos John. the baby face freaked me out
Attached Thumbnails John | Photography Gallery-p384536641_4.jpg  
Old 09-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='998390' date='Sep 4 2009, 07:07 PM
went to the link, but what do you mean about "photo chopping"? do you have examples yourself you can show me?
I mean that you stay in Photoshop more than is necessary imho. For example the shadow/highlight adjustment tool, the other member was talking about, parts regarding saturation and so on...

Maybe it's me but most of your pics are perfect or should i say were perfect just as they left the camera. Now most of them (with quite some exceptions) look like very stylish cartoons.

I'm new to professional photography but seeing masters at work like Rick Sammon i came around to appreciate that the best photography is done with the camera and the available sources, and not in Photoshop. Sure photoshop can be used as an enhancer and your pics really look stunning, as i said, but i think it would look even better if you'd keep their natural levels and colors on them.

For me, i can say that i use photoshop, in fact Pixelmator and soon only Aperture, more to adjust the exposure on the highlights (if necessary) and crop out unnecessary parts. Sure my pics may seem dull compared to your full blown artistic pictures...but to each of it's own.

If you've seen the link than you most certainly saw that those pics were done more with the camera and less with photoshop. Will post some pics of mine next week.

Cheers and keep up the good work !
Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PAKOGERTE' post='998816
I mean that you stay in Photoshop more than is necessary imho. For example the shadow/highlight adjustment tool, the other member was talking about, parts regarding saturation and so on...

Maybe it's me but most of your pics are perfect or should i say were perfect just as they left the camera. Now most of them (with quite some exceptions) look like very stylish cartoons.

I'm new to professional photography but seeing masters at work like Rick Sammon i came around to appreciate that the best photography is done with the camera and the available sources, and not in Photoshop. Sure photoshop can be used as an enhancer and your pics really look stunning, as i said, but i think it would look even better if you'd keep their natural levels and colors on them.

For me, i can say that i use photoshop, in fact Pixelmator and soon only Aperture, more to adjust the exposure on the highlights (if necessary) and crop out unnecessary parts. Sure my pics may seem dull compared to your full blown artistic pictures...but to each of it's own.

If you've seen the link than you most certainly saw that those pics were done more with the camera and less with photoshop. Will post some pics of mine next week.

Cheers and keep up the good work !
i completely understand. but recently, i've started to experiment with HDR. if you've gone through the whole thread, you'll see plenty of images "regular" images. HDR images can be tricky, since there are varying extremes to each image. i went the bit more artist/extreme end of the spectrum. again, it's not for everyone. as you said, to each his own.

nonetheless, i appreciate your comments & critique.

Quick Reply: John | Photography Gallery