Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Cool that Jenson Button will have 2 HondaJets.
so any of you guys going to get 1?

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/23/jenson-...-two-hondajets/

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-04hondajet.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-05hondajet.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-02hondajet.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-hondajet_155.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-hondajet_099.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-hondajet_interior_1.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-hondajet_interior_feature_3.jpg

Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-hondajet_interior_plan_view_10_2007.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets-hondajet_469.jpg  
Old 05-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

cool but i was thinking...that if soon the oil crisis will really become a problem and let's assume in 10 years oil will really be a jewel what on Earth will happen to the planes?! I mean ok we will live with the electric cars/hydrogen or whatever but for a Jet???
Old 05-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='588389' date='May 26 2008, 03:18 PM
cool but i was thinking...that if soon the oil crisis will really become a problem and let's assume in 10 years oil will really be a jewel what on Earth will happen to the planes?! I mean ok we will live with the electric cars/hydrogen or whatever but for a Jet???
Well all I can think of is the price in plane ticket will be so high that most ppl in the world will not travel my plane and just drive the electric cars/hydrogen car around the world.

But I read some news that they are making the planes Bio fuel.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='588400' date='May 26 2008, 12:44 AM
Well all I can think of is the price in plane ticket will be so high that most ppl in the world will not travel my plane and just drive the electric cars/hydrogen car around the world.

But I read some news that they are making the planes Bio fuel.
The first flight by a commercial airline to be powered partly by biofuel has taken place.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7261214.stm
Old 05-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='588414' date='May 26 2008, 04:09 PM
The first flight by a commercial airline to be powered partly by biofuel has taken place.

ya that the place were I read it.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='588414' date='May 26 2008, 11:09 AM

An interesting article but i'm quite skeptical about this.

"Virgin's Boeing 747 had one of its four engines connected to an independent biofuel tank that it said could provide 20% of the engine's power."

The other three ran on conventional fuel plus 80% from the 4th. I know this is only in infant stages but i'm willing to agree with Kenneth Richter, of Friends of the Earth, who said the flight was a "gimmick", distracting from real solutions to climate change.

"If you look at the latest scientific research it clearly shows biofuels do very little to reduce emissions," he said.

"At the same time we are very concerned about the impact of the large-scale increase in biofuel production on the environment and food prices worldwide.

"What we need to do is stop this mad expansion of aviation. At the moment it is the fastest growing source of greenhouse gases in the UK, and we need to stop subsidising the industry."

Greenpeace's chief scientist, Dr Doug Parr, labelled the flight a "high-altitude greenwash" and said less air travel was the only answer.

Also the fact that it's very likely to freeze...hmm... not convinced by this biofuel in airplanes not even the technology would allow 100% usage of biofuel. I'm not even sure it has the enough bang/thrust to get the plane off the ground.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='588637' date='May 26 2008, 11:22 AM
An interesting article but i'm quite skeptical about this.

"Virgin's Boeing 747 had one of its four engines connected to an independent biofuel tank that it said could provide 20% of the engine's power."

The other three ran on conventional fuel plus 80% from the 4th. I know this is only in infant stages but i'm willing to agree with Kenneth Richter, of Friends of the Earth, who said the flight was a "gimmick", distracting from real solutions to climate change.

"If you look at the latest scientific research it clearly shows biofuels do very little to reduce emissions," he said.

"At the same time we are very concerned about the impact of the large-scale increase in biofuel production on the environment and food prices worldwide.

"What we need to do is stop this mad expansion of aviation. At the moment it is the fastest growing source of greenhouse gases in the UK, and we need to stop subsidising the industry."

Greenpeace's chief scientist, Dr Doug Parr, labelled the flight a "high-altitude greenwash" and said less air travel was the only answer.

Also the fact that it's very likely to freeze...hmm... not convinced by this biofuel in airplanes not even the technology would allow 100% usage of biofuel. I'm not even sure it has the enough bang/thrust to get the plane off the ground.

Biofuel addresses your original post of rising oil prices.

New ways of producing biofuel are being researched, its an on-going process. Biofuel from trash is a possibility, this would couter the idea of biofuel production raising food prices.
http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat...-to-fuel_g.html

Greenpeace bitches about global warming/pollution. Then companies start trying to address the situation, then they bitch about that. What they want is people to stop flying and driving cars period, that will not happen.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='588685' date='May 27 2008, 04:24 AM
Biofuel addresses your original post of rising oil prices.

New ways of producing biofuel are being researched, its an on-going process. Biofuel from trash is a possibility, this would couter the idea of biofuel production raising food prices.
http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat...-to-fuel_g.html

Greenpeace bitches about global warming/pollution. Then companies start trying to address the situation, then they bitch about that. What they want is people to stop flying and driving cars period, that will not happen.
+1 I go with 100% bio fuel.
I just hope we can make bio fuel from our crap at home.
oil is running out so we need to find new ways of making power for our lives
Old 05-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

So what's the starting price for one of these you ask?

"Scheduled to go into production in the U.S. in 2010, pricing is set at $3.65 million for HondaJet in its standard configuration."

I always hated doing the 10-hour drive from Denton, TX to Angel Fire, NM. They've got a private airport but flight-share's too much for what we need.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='588847' date='May 26 2008, 10:30 PM
So what's the starting price for one of these? I always hated doing the 10-hour drive from Denton, TX to Angel Fire, NM. They've got a private airport but flight-share's too much for what we need.
Compared to the traditional private jets, this new class of jet, called a "very light jet" (or VLJ), costs a fraction of the larger ones.

Take a look here for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_light_jet

and here for prices:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_very_light_jets

Quick Reply: Jenson Button to take delivery of first two HondaJets