Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Japan Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

Alonso deserves to be World Champion. Remember how he dominated the early part of the season. McLaren has the best set-up now but the contest is for the entire season.

Cheers to Alonso and Kimi both for a very entertaining season.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by Wilchwitz' date='Oct 12 2005, 12:57 PM
Alonso deserves to be World Champion.? Remember how he dominated the early part of the season.? McLaren has the best set-up now but the contest is for the entire season.?
[snapback]183381[/snapback]
No doubts there.

The reason why Alonso won this season is because he and the team were consistent. If memory serves me correctly, I believe he was on the podium for every race except for four of them; two of those races he couldn't finish, however don't take my word for it.

It's a brutal motorsport and it takes more than a good driver to win it all.

Congratulations to Alonso and the Renault team for being the champions this year.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

The reason why Alonso won this season is because he and the team were consistent. If memory serves me correctly, I believe he was on the podium for every race except for four of them; two of those races he couldn't finish, however don't take my word for it.

It's a brutal motorsport and it takes more than a good driver to win it all.

Congratulations to Alonso and the Renault team for being the champions this year.
[snapback]183392[/snapback]
[/quote]

Alonso and Renault were great and deserve the driver's championship. McLaren may still win the constructor's title still. McLaren put the best car on the track after about race 4, but too many engine malfunctions cost Kimi the driver's title.
There is little doubt that Michelin was far superior to Bridgestone in the new environment where the teams must use the same tyres in qualifying and throughout the entire race. I almost wished Ferrari would have run Michelins so that the fans could have seen a closer comparison to their chasis set-up next to the Renault and McLaren. Michael Shumacher will be back.