Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Jackass star Ryan Dunn is dead

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

When you drive a Porsche GT3 with some 2,00 promille alcohol in your blood at about 220 km/h on a 75 km/h road, you will kill your friend and yourself
Old 06-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Could've just said "Jackass star" and the rest makes sense. Funniest thing was that someone criticized Roger Ebert for saying this is what happens when you drive drunk, the person said that this guy Ryan Dunn was an idol to some - really? Seriously? If you're idol is a star of "jackass" you have way more to worry about than whether Roger Ebert makes a remark
Old 06-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Yeah- some chick called 93.3 FLZ in tampa (Q107 St Louis) crying when MJ of the MJ morning show defended Roger Ebert. The main problem was the fact that Ryan Dunn was driving 130 MPH at night while drunk with a passenger in the car.

Roger Ebert should NOT be criticized for criticizing someone for breaking multiple laws, killing himself AND SOMEONE ELSE.

There is only one person who should be criticized here, and that is Ryan Dunn. If he only took his own life, id say "that is unfortunate, he is foolish, and his friends and family should be mourning his death" but because he murdered someone the same time he died, I think people have a lot of balls to critisize his critics, and say things like "Rest in Piece". That man took someones life. I hope he does not rest in piece.

Get over it planet Earth. Mourning the death and defending the actions of someone who made a living making videos of himself doing stupid shit is a waste of energy.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Dear craigm1841, you ethics seem to be pretty high. I just hope you never did anything wrong.

Ryan Dunn, like a lot of other US show people (who are loved by millions of youth) do what the audience wants,
are produced by the US entertainment industry.

They are lifted so far from the ground, close to space, that they don't understand law and order.
Who`s to blame? The US lifestyle and money or God, maybe Porsche, Ferrari, M-B or BMW?

These drunk/dope fast car accidents are so very typical in US, killing also others.
Starting with James Dean etc etc etc etc

Don't cast the first stone, please.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Dear craigm1841, you ethics seem to be pretty high. I just hope you never did anything wrong.

Ryan Dunn, like a lot of other US show people (who are loved by millions of youth) do what the audience wants,

They are lifted so far from the ground, close to space, that they don't understand law and order.
Who`s to blame? The US lifestyle and money or God, maybe Porsche, Ferrari, M-B or BMW?

These drunk/dope fast car accidents are so very typical in US, killing also others.

Sounds more like YOU are casting stones. Are you telling me drunk driving accidents DO NOT happen in Europe? In Finland? I call bullshit.
BTW, if you check/know history James Dean was neither drunk, nor at fault in the accident that killed him. And more to Craig's point, that accident didn't kill anyone else.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Sounds more like YOU are casting stones. Are you telling me drunk driving accidents DO NOT happen in Europe? In Finland? I call bullshit.
BTW, if you check/know history James Dean was neither drunk, nor at fault in the accident that killed him. And more to Craig's point, that accident didn't kill anyone else.
All over the world young "kings" kill themselfes and others.
J. Dean still drove way too fast as did Dunn, so don't explain.

But still, this I don't get:
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...st_church.html

Doesn't God love all people consistently?

But yes, as we know a lot of Europeans did invade US in early history,
the evil comes from here.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Contributors

Yeah- we should all feel bad for the guy who has had 9 accidents, 1 DUI, and 23 traffic citations in the fast few years.

Im not a perfect person, but if I was a pyromaniac and caught myself of fire, I wouldnt expect you to feel bad for me.

He is a foolish, selfish asshole. His family and friends are left to deal with the pain of his death. He was the star of "Jackass", big frigging deal. How many people die each day that actually make a difference in lives, not film themselves acting like assholes. Maybe the problem here is the millions of youth mourning him.

Maybe you need to sit back and reassess the situation instead of telling me not to cast stones. I dont wish him to rest in piece. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

And dont make this a "chance to bash the US" thread, that is not the situation at hand. there is one person responsible for Ryan Dunn's death, and that is Ryan Dunn, and quite frankly, he deserved it.

Doesn't God love all people consistently?
You cant use an article about the Westboro Baptist Church in any relevant discussion. There isnt a single american that aligns themselves with the thoughts of the those parishioners. Besides, god is make believe and for people who cant cope with the unknown or death, and for lazy people who would rather blame something for their situation or pretend is the will of some greater being instead of dealing with their situation.

But yes, as we know a lot of Europeans did invade US in early history,
the evil comes from here.
Dont know where this info came from. The American British colonies declared independence from Britain, causing England to come here in attempt to stop the revolution. Technically England wasnt invading. They just stopped by for a few years for a good ass kicking. I dont expect you to know US History in detail, so i'll let that one slide- just dont understand how that statement is relevant to your argument.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Contributors

feel sorry for his family and friends. dont feel sorry for him.

Darwin award winner for 2011 Mr Dunn. I dont feel bad saying it either. Drunk, 130 mph at night, at that point making it home alive is more shocking than the end result.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Don't really feel sorry for him. I see people die all the time in this city, our city is actually the #1 drunk driving city. It seems daily there are multiple people killed
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

How the hell did the US lifestyle, European colonization and God get into this conversation?

Quick Reply: Jackass star Ryan Dunn is dead