Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Its all about RESPECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Since I was a little child I was taught that every woman is someone's daughter and someone's mother. Each and every one. When you are about to say something to, or about a woman, you should always first think "how would I feel if someone said this to/about my mother or daughter?"

What kind of a man are you if you can easily allow yourself to disrespect a woman you don't know in public? Or in private, for that matter! Especially, if you know she cannot answer your insult! What kind of a man are you if you call a girl a "skank"? Whoever that girl might be, what gives anyone the right to call someone's daughter and another's mother a "skank"? What if it was your daughter?! Think about it. Think about it again. And again.

There are two kinds of guys driving these cars we all have here - only one of these two kinds is NOT compensating for something they lack. Catch my drift, "juniors"?

And while we're on the subject. Growing "a pair" is not the only pre-requisite to becoming a Man. If you don't know anything about respect, you're just a bitch with balls - that's all.

It seems to me that with all the "Kanye Wests" out there making the headlines, we're forgetting the basic principle of life - to get respect, you first have to give respect. When I joined this forum, I saw all the people posting on here and it didn't take me long to see that many on here are military/ex-military, LE, Gov't contractors and so on (and I'm not talking about any particular country, or even a continent, as we are a Global community). These are men and women that most of us civilians should respect solely based on the fact that they risk their lives on a daily basis to provide us with the most basic commodity that most of us have come to take for granted - security. If we all had to succumb to arming ourselves and taking care of our own security, the only way the society would not crumble would be because of respect. Power of a word kept, among other things; integrity of one's mind transpiring in each and every action. We can discuss politics of any particular conflict in any manner we choose - that's what Freedom of Speech is, but disrespecting a soldier, who swore to protect your life with his, means devaluing your own life. If so, you must have some hate for yourself deep inside and it shows through your hate for everyone else when you "dis" them - and (to paraphrase Pac) that's why we call you "hater".

Anyone who's ever served knows about respect - from experience. Perhaps, someone in your family is/was in service - ask them, if you haven't yet. Ask them if they think its fair to disrespect a woman. Ever. Under ANY circumstances what-so-ever. Me? I'm a civilian. But. My grandfather served in WW II, my mother was a detective and a Police Capitain, my Father developed military weapons systems and later taught aerodynamics to future pilots - this is all in the old country, of course - but the point is: I was lucky enough to have been brought up with the discipline that never allowed any disrespect for women. I only started to realize the "why's" when I really grew up though - when I was a kid it was mostly "because that's the way it is", "these are the rules and you can't break them".

And yes, we all joke around at times and say things like "can't live with them, can't kill them" - and in most cases its not even offensive. But there is a line that one crosses and respect is the only instrument protecting that line. No weapon can stop a mass of people from crossing that line if respect gets gradually erased from our consciousness - among other contributors, by haters' disrespect going unpunished. I'm writing this in hopes that at least some of us will remember more often how thin that line separating a man from an animal can be sometimes. I encourage those of you, who understand this to preach and practice this as much as possible. I recon its futile to mention this though, as those who do understand, already practice it, because a Man knows better than to ignore facts.

Much love and respect to all of you, who understand me on this one.

Best of to y'all,

V The Russian.

PS Tune in next week for lessons on how to move to second base
Old 09-16-2009, 03:59 AM
Contributors

Way to go V.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1008967' date='Sep 16 2009, 06:08 AM
"every woman is someone's daughter and someone's mother"
"Every woman"? Not true ...

sixcard
Old 09-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

you have deep thoughts early in the a.m, but this one im digging
Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

In San Franicsco, some women used to be men and vice-versa, so your first statement isn't 100% accurate. Ask ECF if you don't believe me.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Sixcard is absolutely correct that not every woman is someone's mother. But it is hard to quarrel with your overarching premise that every woman is entitled to be treated with respect.

Unfortunately, it's an aspirational goal that many never achieve. And there certainly are exceptions to that rule if your personal experience with a person indicates that thye are not deserving of respect. But it's a good starting off point with someone whom you do not know very well.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

The first post since I returned to Iraq...

You know V, I appreciate this post more than you can imagine.

When we think about what our youth is being taught these days, we should cringe... Most of the mainstream music and socially acceptable behavior is crippling to the future generations. It is our responsibility to filter and enforce (to an obvious extent) what we allow into the lives of our children. If we allow music or television to raise our kids, they will receive music or televisions view on how they are to live. I believe the lack of men standing up and raising a standard has degraded the moral fibers that held together chivalry.

Chivalry... What ever happened? In my honest opinion, it started with the social acceptance, or conformity, of infidelity and promiscuity... "How dare you,” you may say? How dare I? Well, the truth of the matter is, if we remove the institute of marriage, or the value of it, we are automatically stripping women of their worth (and vise versa). If you don’t know where something came from, you will not respect it.
I will give you an example just to further solidify or explain my logic. If I was to give you a dollar bill and told you to hold it for me, you would probable put it in your pocket and not think twice. But, when I explain to you that that dollar bill was the first dollar that my great grandfather made in his store that was passed down to my grandfather, my father and now to me. There would be much more respect and you will probably hold it between both your hands to preserve it.

Hopefully that made sense... I write what I think and how I speak so bare with me.

Our youth rarely get an explanation anymore. So they start off flawed or a better word would be unprepared. We all know that if you start off flawed or without the necessary tools it is nearly impossible to navigate correctly. End state, it is more important to sleep with as many people you can then to try to meet your future husband or wife.

Men, have stopped being men and women try to substitute as well as they can (bless their heart).

Ok, I am going to stop here because I can literally write a book or two on this subject alone.

I am going to leave off with a few thoughts:

Fathers teach sons how to be men and how to treat women
Mothers spoil sons and teach them the love of a woman is priceless

Mothers teach daughters how to be women and how to treat men
Fathers spoil daughters and teach them the love of a man is worth the wait

If the lessons are not being taught or are corrupted then what is the outcome? One, two, three generations from now can we start over?

FYI, if you would like to hear more of my convictions on this subject or have any question, believe me when I say, you can write me anytime…

Tonymacisbackaroni
Old 09-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Let me clarify a little: respect for all women stems from the same place in male integrity that prevents a young man from beating the crap out of an elderly helpless man. It is the same reason you don't kill your child for misbehaving - even though it may even seem like an appropriate move at the time.

Each time you dis a woman, you dis your own mother, and yourself. Disrespecting someone - anyone - is an act of weakness and I despise it - even in myself in times when I am weak.

Also, disrespect and lack of respect aren't the same thing. I'm an adult and I am well aware that there are individuals who simply do not deserve any respect. I personally would still show respect in hopes that such a person will attempt to follow my example.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

tonymac
Old 09-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by melimel' post='1009076' date='Sep 16 2009, 03:48 PM
tonymac

hey mel... Your thread made my day!!!

Quick Reply: Its all about RESPECT