Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

iPhone 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
Havent you iPhone loyalists learned anything yet? You know this phone is top tier gotta have it....you spend hundreds of dollars to have it and then months later Apple releases a updated model with more tweaks for less money. Its gonna happen, its the Apple Way

Actually... So far, in the 4 years since the iPhone was introduced, this is the 4th version (hence iPhone 4 naming). They have come out with a new version once a year, around the same time each year. So for those consumers that know nothing about the tech world, yes they may get screwed into buying an iPhone weeks before a new one is released. But, for those of us who actually read and know a little tech, we know when Apple is going to introduce their new products, and wait to purchase until they do so. The uneducated buyer will get taken by apple, no doubt about it. So please, stop making hasty generalizations.

And, I am no apple loyalist. I would much rather wait until the Windows phone 7 drops and/or a quality Android handset comes to AT&T, however my current iPhone (backup phone a friend gave me after my BB Bold was stolen) won't last until those options become available. I also didn't pay any outrageous price, in fact, I paid $325 for the 16gb model with the 2-year Apple Care warranty. The price isn't bad, considering I paid $400 for my Bold about a year ago...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 SMG 545i silver grey metallic / bamboo anthracite / black leather CPO sport package premium sound park distance control cold weather package

Originally Posted by 2004E60Beemer
EVO 4G FTW... Love the phone. I went from a Palm Pre(horrible); to a Samsung moment (ok); to the EVO. It's as close as I'll ever get to the iphone. I've been with sprint since college, and I love the service. But to OP, good luck trying to find one
Thanks, and after countless attempts online all day long, I was able to finally get through later in the afternoon (west coast time). It will be here next Thursday.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
Havent you iPhone loyalists learned anything yet? You know this phone is top tier gotta have it....you spend hundreds of dollars to have it and then months later Apple releases a updated model with more tweaks for less money. Its gonna happen, its the Apple Way
Except if you look at the actual release dates of the phones, you'll see that it's never less than a year apart. And that the since the release of the original phones, the contract price of the new models doesn't really change. It is only the older phones that then drop in price.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by swajames
Except if you look at the actual release dates of the phones, you'll see that it's never less than a year apart. And that the since the release of the original phones, the contract price of the new models doesn't really change. It is only the older phones that then drop in price.
I was just going to say that. Sure it sucks that there's a new one every year, but come on now, let's re-examine that sentence. Once a year. Apple releases a new phone once a year. Compared to a lot of other companies out there, they practically release a new model once every two weeks (especially in the Asian markets).
Old 06-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Apple announced that over 600,000 pre-orders for iPhone 4 were taken yesterday - setting a new record. AT&T also noted that demand for the new phone was such that Tuesday was its best ever day for pre-order sales activity and Deutsche Telekom said that the iPhone 4 exceeded pre-order demand for the 3GS by a factor of 10. Deliveries for orders taken after yesterday are already now pushed out by well over a week.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
Apple announced that over 600,000 pre-orders for iPhone 4 were taken yesterday - setting a new record. AT&T also noted that demand for the new phone was such that Tuesday was its best ever day for pre-order sales activity and Deutsche Telekom said that the iPhone 4 exceeded pre-order demand for the 3GS by a factor of 10. Deliveries for orders taken after yesterday are already now pushed out by well over a week.
Hah.... in your face haters!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Even the fanboys can secretly find this amusing:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple
Old 06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

nice.

Sent from iPhone 6Gs
Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Trying to get one for me and my wife...

Sent from ithoughts
sent from the future
Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Contributors

I was able to reserve my iPhone at best buy when it opened at 9:30 last tuesday. I got there around 9:15 and about 10 more people showed up a few minutes after me. I was the first on line and they were ready to go when we walked in.

Again- the people who talk negatively about the iPhone are:
1. locked into other contracts
2. have trouble or know people who have trouble with AT&T.

I have no problems with AT&T, but I am also not in an overloaded market like NY or LA. There are alos only about 10 skyscrapers and no hills/mountians in tampa.

$199 for this device (with contract renewal) is a steal. I still only have one gripe with the iphone and it is apple's blatent campaign to avoid supporting flash.

600,000 preorders... The masses have spoken. Call them "fanboys" if you will- but they have a following for a reason. You bunch of BMW fanboys