Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Interesting Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='808079' date='Mar 5 2009, 07:44 AM
Well i don't think people should be so naive or egocentric to let pride cloud their judgement. History has shown that every great nation, every empire has had it's share of downfall. With all due excuse, US will not be any different. If it will come a few years from now or a few decades we will see, but it WILL COME. Nothing is eternal on this Earth and in this Universe!

And you can already see that even a great nation as the US can go down. If we would have talked about possibility in US of recession, financial crisis, mortgage problems, unemployment and riots only a few years ago some people would have reacted the same, and guess what it DID happened, and not only it crippled the US economy but it spread in all over the world.

As someone said: "When US sneezes, the whole world starts taking pills, and now US got a cold..."
Hey guys, we are in the midst of Nostradamus, aka NOdumbass! And I read your statement as a wish of yours. Am I wrong?

Here's the deal bro. I am a fan of ancient history. The fall of Rome is perhaps the most significant event in social human history. Rome at it's peak was arguably the greatest power in the history of the world. Far more powerful than what the US possesses today. So if they can fall... so can we. That being said...

The difference then, was that the military and it's leadership was usually away from home... conquering and adding to the territory. This would often take years and even decades to accomplish. The military would eventually return to Rome, but the political leadership/congress, far removed from the military, always feared the return of the military, because the military leader had the support of the soldiers and could easily overthrow the political leader if he chose to do so. This lead to civil wars, assassinations etc etc.

This won't happen now. We still have the strongest military in the world. AND.. we may have our differences, but you see after events like 911, we will put all our differences aside and UNITE in the face of adversity. That didn't happen in Rome. If we fall into economic distress... so do you! If we are attacked... the military will not be the only one's shootin.

Put that in your crystal ball and smoke it!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='808494
+1.. if the US fall`s everyone else will follow... restasured we will come back and be stronger then ever...

PS.. my guns are clean as well, not loaded but the ammo is very very close....
My guns are clean but they are replicas. I'm shooting blanks. Need to see a friend to pickup some.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='809823' date='Mar 7 2009, 07:04 AM
Hey guys, we are in the midst of Nostradamus, aka NOdumbass! And I read your statement as a wish of yours. Am I wrong?

Here's the deal bro. I am a fan of ancient history. The fall of Rome is perhaps the most significant event in social human history. Rome at it's peak was arguably the greatest power in the history of the world. Far more powerful than what the US possesses today. So if they can fall... so can we. That being said...

The difference then, was that the military and it's leadership was usually away from home... conquering and adding to the territory. This would often take years and even decades to accomplish. The military would eventually return to Rome, but the political leadership/congress, far removed from the military, always feared the return of the military, because the military leader had the support of the soldiers and could easily overthrow the political leader if he chose to do so. This lead to civil wars, assassinations etc etc.

This won't happen now. We still have the strongest military in the world. AND.. we may have our differences, but you see after events like 911, we will put all our differences aside and UNITE in the face of adversity. That didn't happen in Rome. If we fall into economic distress... so do you! If we are attacked... the military will not be the only one's shootin.

Put that in your crystal ball and smoke it!
I love your nose-up smart-ass attitude. In fact when i saw YOU quoted me, i expected you to not be able (despite your infinite wisdom) to stay away from personal attacks.

Still i will reply to your post in a grown-up manner:

1. I DO NOT WISH FOR ANYBODY"S HARM. (US, Bin Laden, Donkey Kong whatever). Clear on that?
Good!
2. Thank you for the brief history lesson. I appreciate it and probably so other E60.net members. Regarding that i would say this: the rules might have been changed but the game still remains the same. If you can chew on that, i can say that like ancient Rome or other great civilization from the past, people could not predict the effects of their actions. That remained the same to this day, and probably will remain the same till the end of days.

I say that because humans can't do everythign right and can't predict the future...though statistic speaking all the empires from the past had its' ups and downs,and we can learn smth from that, but most important it suffered from the downfall. And it suffered changes! That's doesn't mean annihilation, it's just a continuity in another form. Truth be told, historically and statistically speaking, the new form was never at the same level as the old one...but hey who am i to judge that!?

Maybe you should watch a few documentaries like Zeitgeist or Taxi to the dark side and learn a thing or two about this world and your own country you live in.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='810036' date='Mar 7 2009, 11:38 AM
I love your nose-up smart-ass attitude. In fact when i saw YOU quoted me, i expected you to not be able (despite your infinite wisdom) to stay away from personal attacks.

Still i will reply to your post in a grown-up manner:

1. I DO NOT WISH FOR ANYBODY"S HARM. (US, Bin Laden, Donkey Kong whatever). Clear on that?
Good!
2. Thank you for the brief history lesson. I appreciate it and probably so other E60.net members. Regarding that i would say this: the rules might have been changed but the game still remains the same. If you can chew on that, i can say that like ancient Rome or other great civilization from the past, people could not predict the effects of their actions. That remained the same to this day, and probably will remain the same till the end of days.

I say that because humans can't do everythign right and can't predict the future...though statistic speaking all the empires from the past had its' ups and downs,and we can learn smth from that, but most important it suffered from the downfall. And it suffered changes! That's doesn't mean annihilation, it's just a continuity in another form. Truth be told, historically and statistically speaking, the new form was never at the same level as the old one...but hey who am i to judge that!?

Maybe you should watch a few documentaries like Zeitgeist or Taxi to the dark side and learn a thing or two about this world and your own country you live in.
Why would you NOT wish harm on Bin Laden? I would be interested to hear your explanation on this one.
And funny, that through the use of commas, you manage to link the US to Bin Laden to Donkey Kong.

People could not predict the effects of their actions, but... apparently you can predict the future Thanks Nostra dumb ass!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Collapse of the US = collapse of the world

....and the Russians will never take Alaska on Sarah Palin's watch!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='810466' date='Mar 8 2009, 09:14 AM
Collapse of the US = collapse of the world

....and the Russians will never take Alaska on Sarah Palin's watch!
I think you are right, but that doesn't mean no.1 statement is impossible.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='810428' date='Mar 8 2009, 07:48 AM
Why would you NOT wish harm on Bin Laden? I would be interested to hear your explanation on this one.
And funny, that through the use of commas, you manage to link the US to Bin Laden to Donkey Kong.

People could not predict the effects of their actions, but... apparently you can predict the future Thanks Nostra dumb ass!
I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You won and i'm a dumb ass. I hope you're satisfied
Old 03-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='810668' date='Mar 8 2009, 06:54 PM
I'm sorry now that i took part in the above show...i should have known better! So i'll let you down. Show's over!