Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Interesting Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the second half of my quote makes it pretty clear that I was being sarcastic and taking a cheap shot at the stimulus/bailout. i do care...

you guys cant take half of my quote and come at me! this isnt CNN or MSNBC!

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='808076
Good point! I also wanted to bring that up.

Whenever i see comments like "what do i care?" be it about the economy, the environment etc etc i go like

If you care about your children then yes you should care about the future, because as mortal beings as we are, living in the current Universe, we will not live forever and what's most important at the end is what we leave behind.

If we leave behind only disasters (be it economical, social, evironemental etc..) what does that say about US? With what could we differ from the average parasite? ... huh and we call ourselves intelligent beings, above average and think we are on top of the World.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

You really think Russia will gain control of Alaska??? LOL Fuck no... Never happen! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER... The world would end and all the countries know this... Maybe the Mayan calendar is right... Maybe the US will implode... Maybe we will have the big war we have all feared. I agree with what he says about our morals... Let me say one thing though... This country has been through hell and back... We will recover and recover strong... And the rest of the world better pray we do... Or it's the end

PS...

My guns are cleaned and loaded...
Old 03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='808494' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:29 PM
You really think Russia will gain control of Alaska??? LOL Fuck no... Never happen! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER... The world would end and all the countries know this... Maybe the Mayan calendar is right... Maybe the US will implode... Maybe we will have the big war we have all feared. I agree with what he says about our morals... Let me say one thing though... This country has been through hell and back... We will recover and recover strong... And the rest of the world better pray we do... Or it's the end

PS...

My guns are cleaned and loaded...
+1.. if the US fall`s everyone else will follow... restasured we will come back and be stronger then ever...

PS.. my guns are clean as well, not loaded but the ammo is very very close....
Old 03-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Contributors

considering we have only been around for 230 years, we are doing pretty well... the first civilization came out of? you guessed it... Iraq. they sure as shit dont have their stuff together
Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by swajames' post='807963' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:34 AM
To be fair the previous incumbent spent quite a lot of money he didn't have, probably more than the stimulus package, and I don't think you really got too much to show for that either...
I think you need a calculator dude. for all the masive spending in less then a month..
Old 03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='808079' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:44 AM
Well i don't think people should be so naive or egocentric to let pride cloud their judgement. History has shown that every great nation, every empire has had it's share of downfall. With all due excuse, US will not be any different. If it will come a few years from now or a few decades we will see, but it WILL COME. Nothing is eternal on this Earth and in this Universe!

And you can already see that even a great nation as the US can go down. If we would have talked about possibility in US of recession, financial crisis, mortgage problems, unemployment and riots only a few years ago some people would have reacted the same, and guess what it DID happened, and not only it crippled the US economy but it spread in all over the world.

As someone said: "When US sneezes, the whole world starts taking pills, and now US got a cold..."
you just have the answer my friend- people can be naive. I think anything is possible one day we can be at the top and another down, we need to watch everything thats happening and look for the best interest of the american people. I know for sure when GOV gets involved in everything it can be very BAD..
Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='808630' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:17 PM
I think you need a calculator dude. for all the masive spending in less then a month..
OK. I'll call your bluff. Why don't you pony up the numbers and we can see for ourselves? I'll say it again - Bush spent more on the war on Iraq and on other stuff the country could not afford than the current predicted spend on the stimulus package. And one will give you rather more to show for it than the other.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Contributors

oh yeah... here it comes!

we will have something to show for the stimulus. tremendous debt... and a one term president...

did anyone watch colbert last night. he gave hillarious doomsday scenarios, kinda poking fun at glen becks program yesterday...
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='808670' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:56 PM
oh yeah... here it comes!

we will have something to show for the stimulus. tremendous debt... and a one term president...

did anyone watch colbert last night. he gave hillarious doomsday scenarios, kinda poking fun at glen becks program yesterday...

Sigh...about the same net gain from the last president. Except for some reason folks thought it would be a good idea to vote him in twice...
Old 03-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='808687' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:08 PM
Sigh...about the same net gain from the last president. Except for some reason folks thought it would be a good idea to vote him in twice...
two wrongs make a "holy shit, people are standing in line for bread" in this case...

i know it wont get that bad. Stephen colbert predicted we will be using soybeans ad currency by 2014 or something like that. haha. he is awsome.

Quick Reply: Interesting Read