Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Interesting Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='807990' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:10 AM
2145... i'll be dead by then. who cares?

isnt that the approach we are taking with the future anyway?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Senior Members

Well that article contained at least one truth. Both Putin and the scholar were correct in pointing out that the financial crisis started in US....
Old 03-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Originally Posted by ValE60' post='807883' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:06 AM
I'm sure that all these countries that has envyed the US for so long will come up with lots of theories...let me not even get started with China, they have been getting bailouts from left to right and they are sinking faster than the famous Titanic...Walmart is full of their junk.

My best friend lives in Moscow, for business, as far as I am concerned Russia is not on top of the list...
The same China that WE are borrowing about half of the stimulus money from?
Old 03-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Russians talking about collapse... Yep, there's something they personally know I'd bet!

I don't think the US will collapse. Maybe it might collapse into a martial-law territory if
terrorists do serious damage to the infrastructure or if 'big money' corporations manage
to suck dry our tax money given to them by the government and sink us all.......

Well, it's a few years ahead... let's see. If I were still living in the states, I'd probably
use this time to stock up on some good firearms and dry goods.....
Old 03-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='807996' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:20 AM
2145... i'll be dead by then. who cares?
My children, grand children and great grand children will care. All 21 of them!

sixcard
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='808070' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:08 PM
Russians talking about collapse... Yep, there's something they personally know I'd bet!

I don't think the US will collapse. Maybe it might collapse into a martial-law territory if
terrorists do serious damage to the infrastructure or if 'big money' corporations manage
to suck dry our tax money given to them by the government and sink us all.......

Well, it's a few years ahead... let's see. If I were still living in the states, I'd probably
use this time to stock up on some good firearms and dry goods.....
Well i don't think people should be so naive or egocentric to let pride cloud their judgement. History has shown that every great nation, every empire has had it's share of downfall. With all due excuse, US will not be any different. If it will come a few years from now or a few decades we will see, but it WILL COME. Nothing is eternal on this Earth and in this Universe!

And you can already see that even a great nation as the US can go down. If we would have talked about possibility in US of recession, financial crisis, mortgage problems, unemployment and riots only a few years ago some people would have reacted the same, and guess what it DID happened, and not only it crippled the US economy but it spread in all over the world.

As someone said: "When US sneezes, the whole world starts taking pills, and now US got a cold..."
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='808076' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:41 PM
My children, grand children and great grand children will care. All 21 of them!

sixcard
Good point! I also wanted to bring that up.

Whenever i see comments like "what do i care?" be it about the economy, the environment etc etc i go like

If you care about your children then yes you should care about the future, because as mortal beings as we are, living in the current Universe, we will not live forever and what's most important at the end is what we leave behind.

If we leave behind only disasters (be it economical, social, evironemental etc..) what does that say about US? With what could we differ from the average parasite? ... huh and we call ourselves intelligent beings, above average and think we are on top of the World.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by swajames' post='807963' date='Mar 4 2009, 10:34 PM
To be fair the previous incumbent spent quite a lot of money he didn't have, probably more than the stimulus package, and I don't think you really got too much to show for that either...
It'll be a cool 1-trillion. But whose counting, right?

A lot of Zeros...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='808296' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:10 AM
It'll be a cool 1-trillion. But whose counting, right?

A lot of Zeros...
Right. But I wish it were only a trillion... That's the estimate as it was in 2006. Depending on which source you believe it's now estimated at somewhere between 2 trillion and 3 trillion. Either way, it's money the country never had...

Quick Reply: Interesting Read