Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Interesting convo with a forum member...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't normally do this. But I was looking to buy KW Coil covers and I got quoted by vendors with a very good price. And along came polly sending me private messages that he knows someone that knows someone that knows the manufacturer who makes KW coil covers. Well let me post the conversation and you can get a Lulz for yourself. Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wileoutz:
Sent 15 June 2011 - 12:05 AM
Hello im todd ,
I can get you the kw v3 for a pretty cheap price brand new from manufacturer to your house aswell as a lifetime warranty.
i am local and would appreciate the business very much.

bmwgroup:
Sent 15 June 2011 - 12:21 AM
Hey todd,

Really? From where? Where in nyc are you located? & What is the 'cheap price'?

Thanks,

wileoutz:
From KW the manufacturer itself. Im in queens. I dont currently have in stock but what i do is I can order a set from the manufacturer and have it shipped to your house with the lifetime warranty.
Well are u looking for v1 v2 or v3?

bmwgroup:
I am in Queens too.
Where in Queens are you? I need the V3 for my 535xi.
How much is the V3?

If its below $2100 Order me one and send it to John@Motorcepts shop

wileoutz:
Down the block from john LOL
Its $2600
I can get it to you for $2250 shipped.

bmwgroup:
2250? I can get it for $2100 or less.

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 9:45 AM
Thats pretty good lowest i can do is 2175 thats basically what im getting it for.

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 10:09 AM
pulled some strings rock bottom price is 2080

bmwgroup:
Okay order it and send it to John@Motorcepts and I can meet you there to verify content and complete the transaction.

wileoutz:

Sent Yesterday, 11:11 AM
You have to pay first. And when would you like to meet?

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 11:12 AM
And if you want i can put your name on shipping with johns address so he knows

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 11:28 AM
i have machnt schnell spacers if you want too

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 11:38 AM
also tips i sent you i can get em to you for $80 instead of $99

bmwgroup:
Sent Yesterday, 12:17 PM
I don't pay for anything that the product/item or service is completed front of me.
PM

wileoutz:
i understand thanks for your time

bmwgroup:
Sent Yesterday, 12:49 PM
If you want I can western union you $2080 today, just need your information...

wileoutz:

Sent Yesterday, 12:52 PM
No thanks, I personally dont deal with Western union , money orders or checks. Ive been frauded before so I keep away from that. I personally have google checkout or paypal that way both the buyer and seller are protected if any mishap were to happen.

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 01:00 PM
I will google you 2080...What are you going to buy yourself with it?

wileoutz:
huh?
if you want you can wire transfer it but it will be 2100 but please dont screw me over

wileoutz:
Sent Yesterday, 01:19 PM
I honestly prefer paypal and mark it as a gift that way i dont get slapped over the head with fees for $2080

bmwgroup:
Sent Today, 12:18 PM
If I send you all my money, will it help you with your down payment for a 535i?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mind you ... This kid is sending me private messages after every new topic i have started. Yesterday I was looking for quad tips, Spacers etc. 5 Minutes later...BOOM he PM's me saying he can get it for me LOL!

This is his post WTB: 535I - https://5series.net/forums/topic/111766-wtb-535i/
Old 06-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I don't necessary think he's a spammer man. If you guys are so close in proximity, just go meet up with the guy and talk about it. I think you're probably overly paranoid.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

I understand what you are saying. But would you openly give someone $2080 and expect to see anything back in return 2 weeks later.

This is New York City babe.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Contributors

I kind of agree. If he's that close, meet him up for in-person transactions. If you're not sure, try him out with a smaller item like the MS spacers you said you wanted.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Contributors

I mean, get some personal information out of him if you meet in person. It's not a big deal. For all that's worth, the guy may really be trying to hook you up and you turn it around on him. That's kind of messed up.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

bmwgroup:
Okay order it and send it to John@Motorcepts and I can meet you there to verify content and complete the transaction. <<<<< makes sense

wileoutz:

Sent Yesterday, 11:11 AM
You have to pay first. And when would you like to meet? <<<< when would you like to meet? okay makes sense

.......................... yada yada yada some BS

bmwgroup:
Sent Yesterday, 12:17 PM
I don't pay for anything that the product/item or service is completed front of me. <<<<<< um didnt he just say WHEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO MEET? this PM is not making sense

???

meet at motorcepts with a money order or cashiers check. watch seller place order, get confirmation #
there is no reason why seller shouldnt take a money order or cashiers check
Old 06-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

Give me a break, you expect me to go meet this kid who don't even own a vehicle that is looking to buy an e60 and at the same time trying to sell me products that he don't even have so that he can use the money I give him for down payment for his new e60. ROFL. Give him cashiers check or money order where he will deposit in to a bank account then he disappears. So what if he shows me identification of proof of address, it can be old address.

Watch seller place order where? He is not even a vendor.

I'm sorry to say but you guys = FAIL :thumbsdown: I know damn well you can't be that gullible.

You send him money and then tell me if you get your products.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Give me a break, you expect me to go meet this kid who don't even own a vehicle that is looking to buy an e60 and at the same time trying to sell me products that he don't even have so that he can use the money I give him for down payment for his new e60. ROFL. Give him cashiers check or money order where he will deposit in to a bank account then he disappears. So what if he shows me identification of proof of address, it can be old address.

I'm sorry to say but you guys = FAIL :thumbsdown: I know damn well you can't be that gullible.

I agree thats why i said get a confirmation # and verify it thru the place hes getting it from. No confirmation #, no deal.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

What the fu*k can I say.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwgroup

Just because he doesn't own the vehicle doesn't mean he does not have connections to vendors that will enable him to sell things. It's like saying a store can't sell meat unless they keep their own cows.

Likewise, you probably don't know how distribution, VARs, and such works. A lot of vendors don't keep certain items in stock (or onsite), and the products are drop shipped. It's not a big deal dude.

Quick Reply: Interesting convo with a forum member...