Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I need to vent!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010 | 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I hate ignorant stupid people who think they know it all and stereotype everything and everyone cause they think they know it all and have seen it all. Im pissed off at a friend who got into a debate with me about a breed. The city is now starting friday making us muzzle pitbulls. I have one, anyone who knows me, or my dog would think this is almost cruel. Also, I feel anyone who knows the breed and has been involved in the dog world knows that it is NOT the breed itself, but the owners and how the breeding and bloodline is passed along and "bred" so to speak for fighting and looks and aggression. I have seen both sides, and I even bred and raised German Shorthaired Pointers along with my one American Pitbull Terrior. Imo it is clearly about where the dog comes from, how its raised and all that, im too pissed to go into detail. Anyway, as lovely as my friend is he goes and puts up a video of a pitbull "mauling" a child on a video. That friggen struck me in the heart. Now im not saying it didnt happen or anything like that, its sickening. All im saying is that it is unfair to punish one breed(there are more aggressive breeds then pitbulls alone) when there are a ton more, and to me this seems like a way for the city to make money through fines and tickets. cCause i truly doubt that animal control or whoever gives out the tickets is going to stroll through the hood and pass out $200 fines to all the owners with pits.But it will happen I bet to the responsible owners who not only neuter, love, play with and train there dog and socialize them the way a dog should be.

I had my upper lip mauled by a friggen poodle when I was about 5 years old. And I needed a plastic surgeon to sew it up cause it was on my face. That didnt make headlines, and this whole shit just pisses me off. I feel like its a slap in the face to responsible owners. I needed to vent and say this, not that im feeling any better.. And I know some of you are going to be ignorant too cause maybe youve seen what you have seen, or heard what you have heard. And thats fine. But this new "law" is unfair, thats my point, period! If this is an aggressive breed, then it should be so for Rotti's, Shepards, Chows can be quite nasty, Akitas and known for being nasty and aggressive as well and my lovely friends Jack Russel TERRIER, who bites anyone or anything that comes near him. Maybe he should get muzzled or fined when he walks his lovely dog too. See how it feels.

Sorry im cranky and complaining, I cant help it when im passionate about something. Thanks for listening guys (girls )
Old 10-21-2010 | 01:27 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Yeah I see it like racism, just because a Black person raped a White girl does that mean they should all be punished? Pit bulls just have a bad rap it sucks. I feel you Mel I really do!
Old 10-21-2010 | 01:37 PM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Wow I'm sorry...that sucks. There is such a bad rep with that breed...you have to train them right. If you do they'll be as peaceful as any dog. As you stated, smaller dogs can be just as aggressive as any other un-trained dog. I can understand having to keep the dog on a leash when not at a designated park or some similar place...but a muzzle for every dog in JUST that breed is f'ed up. If they go that far then they should make it universal.
Old 10-21-2010 | 02:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by melimel
. But this new "law" is unfair, thats my point, period! If this is an aggressive breed, then it should be so for Rotti's, Shepards, Chows can be quite nasty, Akitas and known for being nasty and aggressive as well and my lovely friends Jack Russel TERRIER, who bites anyone or anything that comes near him. Maybe he should get muzzled or fined when he walks his lovely dog too. See how it feels.

Sorry im cranky and complaining, I cant help it when im passionate about something. Thanks for listening guys (girls )

I hope you're not dissing hercules and his cousins

It's simple psychology: although some pit bulls may have a tendency for aggression in their nature, one raised properly should have no problem being as harmless as the taco bell chihuahua.

and not to jack or thread or anything, but Hercules is back to catching squirrels like his normal self and has made a great recovery from his second pelvis fracture back in July!
Old 10-21-2010 | 02:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I have a similar situation different topic happens to me with now an ex-friend about a month ago. Pure ignorance and generalization is his big problem. No sense associating myself with him after that.
Old 10-21-2010 | 02:55 PM
Contributors

That's bullshit. Next thing you know, all dogs that are considered aggressive will have to be muzzled too.
Old 10-21-2010 | 06:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

DK, that's PITbullshit

Mel, I had a German Wirehaired Pointer growing up - German pointers are really such great smart dogs with excellent manners. That said, every dog can have a "bad day". They started coming down hard on the pitbulls in NYC now because of that mail man, who ignored "Beware of Dogs" signs and got his ass ripped by three pits. Honestly, people who walk on a private property and ignore the dog signs - especially those, who go to people's houses every day, like postal workers - are friggin' retarded. Its "natural selection" that idiot got mauled and it is totally his fault - READ THE SIGNS! Now every dog owner will feel that "bite", excuse me.

I've been wanting to get a Rhodesian Ridgeback for more than ten years now, but in NYC I'm simply afraid to have a powerful dog like that. I'm thinking some idiot might provoke him and that will be the end of that idiot - Rhodesians are extremely well-tempered, but if you get them pissed, they are pretty much unstoppable. I mean, they used to fend off lions and shit! Guess what I'm trying to say is, I feel you, Mel - this is really wrong and it is a case of truly blind justice system, where one guy's serious error in judgment led to all pitbull owners suffering.

BTW my friend Igor breeds - or used to, not sure - pitbulls on SI. He used to have like half a dozen of them running around his house - not sure if he's still into it or gave it up. My point being: he's never been mauled. Why? Because he knows how to handle and raise dogs...
Old 10-21-2010 | 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I unfortunately have been on both sides. When we were younger we got into the whole fighting dog thing. I am not afraid to admit it. Of course that is very far from who I am now. Seeing both sides of that beautiful breed I feel like it has been done dirty. Any dog when pushed will defend itself. It just so happens that the pit does it well.

I do feel bad for the name pits have and if you have ever owned one you know the love and loyalty that the pit has. Mel, I totally understand...
Old 10-22-2010 | 03:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by mbp727
I hope you're not dissing hercules and his cousins

It's simple psychology: although some pit bulls may have a tendency for aggression in their nature, one raised properly should have no problem being as harmless as the taco bell chihuahua.

and not to jack or thread or anything, but Hercules is back to catching squirrels like his normal self and has made a great recovery from his second pelvis fracture back in July!
Awww, thats great to hear! IM really happy for him..

Originally Posted by v_therussian
DK, that's PITbullshit

Mel, I had a German Wirehaired Pointer growing up - German pointers are really such great smart dogs with excellent manners. That said, every dog can have a "bad day". They started coming down hard on the pitbulls in NYC now because of that mail man, who ignored "Beware of Dogs" signs and got his ass ripped by three pits. Honestly, people who walk on a private property and ignore the dog signs - especially those, who go to people's houses every day, like postal workers - are friggin' retarded. Its "natural selection" that idiot got mauled and it is totally his fault - READ THE SIGNS! Now every dog owner will feel that "bite", excuse me.

I've been wanting to get a Rhodesian Ridgeback for more than ten years now, but in NYC I'm simply afraid to have a powerful dog like that. I'm thinking some idiot might provoke him and that will be the end of that idiot - Rhodesians are extremely well-tempered, but if you get them pissed, they are pretty much unstoppable. I mean, they used to fend off lions and shit! Guess what I'm trying to say is, I feel you, Mel - this is really wrong and it is a case of truly blind justice system, where one guy's serious error in judgment led to all pitbull owners suffering.

BTW my friend Igor breeds - or used to, not sure - pitbulls on SI. He used to have like half a dozen of them running around his house - not sure if he's still into it or gave it up. My point being: he's never been mauled. Why? Because he knows how to handle and raise dogs...
Ahh the pointers! Great sweet dogs. We showed them for years, that was my life at some time. Traveling all over the country.. lol.. Sweet sweet dogs, but my moms shorthair bit me on the hands a few times. Although I kinda provoked her, I always kissed her after, she still bit me! lol.. and she loved me!@ lolol.. I miss that dog..

on a funny note. Joe gets in about 11pm last night after walking Remy real quick one last time. He goes "some cop stopped me on the street and told me in an hour that dog has to be muzzled!" I looked at him and im saying in my head (is he fucking with me again or is he for real,lol) so I just stared at him and crossed my arms. He was waiting for me to flip out..lol.. Needless to say he was joking..lol.. hes a ball buster I dont know how this is going to pan out. Guess only time will tell. Thanks for letting me vent
Old 10-22-2010 | 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I feel ya Mel, I have had several dogs in my life, mostly Rotti's. And I agree, because Rotti's are GUARD dogs people tend to think of them as aggressive. No, when I walked my Rotti's on the street anyone could come and pet them, just don't think that meant you could come in our yard - that was his. My last Rotti scared a lot of people, mainly because of his size (he was 185 lbs and when he stood up was taller than I am - I am 6'4"), but he was the sweetest dog. Kids would ride him like a horse at the park. Still, I wouldn't have snuck into my house back then if I wasn;t known to him.