Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I envy those hollywood stars...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009 | 11:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i

I was just watching cribs and there was this celebrity who had lots of cars. I forgot his name but he has so many cars!!!!
Some of them were 750Li, a Bentley, a Range Rover and a Rolls Drophead Coupe. I don't know this guy. He is not a singer or an actor. He has a big house and lots of cars!!!!

I wish I had that much money ...
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:00 AM
Contributors

From what i've been reading, they dont really own all those cars. It's just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the same stuff you think they have. I posted a thread awhile back about Lil Mama and her M5 on MTV Cribs... let me say that a lot of us didnt believe she owned it.

But who knows? maybe.
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

First off, OP, I can relate. I've even posted threads on this subject myself before.
Look, dude... everyone wants money - that's why its not easy to get it. And that's how come its so much fun when you finally get it.

Make a realistic plan and go for it. You'll never make a fortune by sitting and waiting for "something to happen".

If you're good with making web sites and live in the NY area, I might have an idea for an interesting biz for ya BTW

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='966104' date='Aug 5 2009, 04:00 AM
From what i've been reading, they dont really own all those cars. It's just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the same stuff you think they have. I posted a thread awhile back about Lil Mama and her M5 on MTV Cribs... let me say that a lot of us didnt believe she owned it.

But who knows? maybe.
+1 most are leased/rented/product placements and friend's rides. that said, being a rapper definitely gives you better odds at getting a Roller, than, say, working the night shift at 7-11...

PS dude, your previous sig pic was way hotter IMO
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='966104' date='Aug 5 2009, 04:00 PM

But who knows? maybe.
Really????

You know Criss Angel the magician? When he was on cribs he had a Rolls-Royce in his "collection". I was thinking "how could this guy afford a Rolls? he is just a magician".
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CA_turbo' post='966111' date='Aug 5 2009, 04:11 AM
Really????

You know Criss Angel the magician? When he was on cribs he had a Rolls-Royce in his "collection". I was thinking "how could this guy afford a Rolls? he is just a magician".
dude, my advice: don't look at what the others have, unless you can draw inspiration from it. I don't care if chris angel has a friggin' fleet of rollers - I'll be doing my thing til I get mine or can't do no more.
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CA_turbo' post='966111' date='Aug 5 2009, 03:11 AM
Really????

Criss Angel is famous for being a magician. FAME = RICHES (In MOST cases). He also does a lot of TV appearances, appearances in general be it Las Vegas, Miami etc... he gets paid to entertain people through magic and that's how he makes his dough.
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='966110' date='Aug 5 2009, 03:08 AM
PS dude, your previous sig pic was way hotter IMO
I'm just exploring a little... i got tired of the last one, but i'll have a nicer one soon. This one I have up now is just a temp so it's a little refreshed lol
Old 08-05-2009 | 12:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Speed_Force_E60' post='966128' date='Aug 5 2009, 04:43 AM
I'm just exploring a little... i got tired of the last one, but i'll have a nicer one soon. This one I have up now is just a temp so it's a little refreshed lol
I mean, don't get me wrong, this one looks hot too, just that the other one was just propper

Yeah, guys, money makes the world go round. Not to threadjack, but I have a standing offer to anyone who knows how to make web sites and lives around NYC - might end up being big money IMHO, but you'll see for yourself...
Old 08-05-2009 | 01:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

OP is talking about wealth envy. A ploy of those who believe government should redistribute wealth.

I never worry about what?s in the other guy?s pocket and I thank those who are not concerned about what?s in mine.

Further, what one has in his garage, often, is not proportional to his wealth.

sixcard
Old 08-05-2009 | 01:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='966137' date='Aug 5 2009, 05:04 AM
OP is talking about wealth envy. A ploy of those who believe government should redistribute wealth.

I never worry about what?s in the other guy?s pocket and I thank those who are not concerned about what?s in mine.

Further, what one has in his garage, often, is not proportional to his wealth.

sixcard
I don't think OP is much of a wealth-redistributor, just a victim of the "Cribs syndrome", I don't think he's coming with a pitchfork to either one of our houses any time soon

On that note, however, OP, strongly advise you to read Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged and Capitalism: the Unknown Ideal - all by Ayn Rand.

Quick Reply: I envy those hollywood stars...