5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Lounge (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/)
-   -   I beat out a Porsche Carrera 4S (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/i-beat-out-porsche-carrera-4s-123909/)

porsche911targa 06-04-2012 09:33 AM

It was too funny. I was riding my bike near downtown, yesterday, when this Carrera 4S with obligatory hot blonde passenger passes me near a traffic light. Because the light was red, I quickly caught up just as the light turned green. A quick glance at the driver with a big smirk on my face was met with a cold, steely stare and a frown on his face.

Now, the way this intersection works is that you take a left and less than 50 yards later you must make a quick right into the main street. The main street is a slight downhill until the the next major intersection less than two tenths of a mile away.

Anyway, I took off to the left and in a flash I took the quick right while I was looking back at him. Now the guy is really pissed. With the aid of the downhill, I put the afterburners on and here it is, 20, 25, 30, 35 MPH while hearing the angry growl of his engine right behind my butt. Obviously, I'm passing a line of cars as I'm going along and he just couldn't do anything about it. I then heard him getting closer as I'm negotiating a curve, he's almost even with me, and then he had to slam on his brakes as he almost rammed a car in front of him. Man, was this guy easy! I can't believe that he was trying to race an old(er) guy on a bicycle and getting pissed that he was being "beaten" by a bike. I'm sure the hot blonde was impressed.....

Hahahaha, it was too funny, but I guess you had to be there to see the frustration in his eyes. I guess some guys will race anything on wheels even if they have the clear advantage.

Speaking of bike rides, I can't believe that my 100-mile bike ride to benefit the American Cancer Society is coming up this coming Sunday. Although I'm going to finish it (God willing), it's going to be tough because I'm currently battling an Upper Respiratory Infection brought on by the unusually high pollen count of this past spring. When you have allergies (like me) spring is usually tough. It's even tougher when you're trying to to train for a 100-mile bike ride and you end up breathing in the pollen a lot deeper into your lungs than partaking in a normal activity. I tried the mask, but it was literally preventing me from breathing as my breathing rate went up. I just hope that the antibiotics will clear most of it by then.

If you feel like donating to this great cause, PM me and I'll send you the link. My team sponsor will match about 50% of your donation. Even a $5 donation will give you KUDOS and GOOD KARMA. :twoup:

pjinca 06-04-2012 09:37 AM

Good story Joe, kinda funny that he even felt the need to "race" a bicycle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get well in time for the bike ride this weekend, good luck, it's a good cause you're riding for there. :twoup:

pjinca 06-04-2012 09:37 AM

Good story Joe, kinda funny that he even felt the need to "race" a bicycle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get well in time for the bike ride this weekend, good luck, it's a good cause you're riding for there. :twoup:

kscarrol 06-04-2012 02:51 PM

Racing on public streets!!! :angry: Kidding! I'm kidding! :tease: Funny story, best of luck w/ the upcoming century... :thumbsup:

porsche911targa 06-04-2012 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 1447375)

John, thanks for the good wishes. Luck is what I need, righyt about now.

Originally Posted by kscarrol (Post 1447490)
Racing on public streets!!! :angry: Kidding! I'm kidding! :tease: Funny story, best of luck w/ the upcoming century... :thumbsup:

Thank you, I'll do my best to finish it. I'll just keep going until my bike crosses the finish line or until my bike tilts over on its side. :)