Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I am so f*king angry!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tab545 mentioned something about pearl harbor and ironically, there are many japanese tourists going to the arizona memorial every single day. many american and tourists from all over the world as well. i've been there so many times but i've never heard of any non-japanese insult one single japanese in there. this is not something we should feel proud. this is self-respect. respect is something that we have to earn, not ask. i'm feeling so lucky that i live in hawaii, a place that has so many different cultures. i've never seen/heard of anyone saying anything about this issue. well, i'm sure there are racists in here but not many.

anyway, flowerfred, i'm not trying to discourage you but some security companies put up surveillance cameras just for the "look" . someone will sit in front of the cameras and monitor everything but no recording/taping . i forgot in what situations but i asked couple security guards in a shopping mall and a residential building about the taping but they had hard time to give me answer . that is probably for security reason but why would they want to hide anything if they do record everything ? i hope the supermarket that your wife visited isn't as lame as the shopping mall that i went to . good luck again .
Old 10-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Contributors

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes, it did happen in the UK, and no, the cctv produced nothing.

The damage is GBP 860+VAT ($1600 ?), and we'll have to look at the scratches for a few weeks, as the dealer doesn't have courtesy cars with nav. My wife planned a few weeks of visiting customers and she's as good with a map as I'm with trailer trash...

JDN, the more I understand sociology, the more I feel like living in a sunny remote part of the world.. It is due time for that beer in the pub though..
As for the guns issue, I can't help but feel relieved this person was only armed with a key. I'd hate to think what could have happened if guns were involved.

tab545, as for the asylum issue. I wouldn't want to be British if they'd pay me. In fact, I feel more European than Dutch if anything.

Anyway, it is done. I guess in the end all it did was leave me a bit more intolerant of the lower classes..
(JDN, with my mom coming from a communist background a my dad the off-spring of a holocaust survivor, that last statement should be enough ground for a very lengthy, beer-soaked converstation. Some things are very complicated..)
Old 10-04-2004, 01:34 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:19 PM
Anyway, it is done. I guess in the end all it did was leave me a bit more intolerant of the lower classes..
(JDN, with my mom coming from a communist background a my dad the off-spring of a holocaust survivor, that last statement should be enough ground for a very lengthy, beer-soaked converstation. Some things are very complicated..)
[snapback]41324[/snapback]
Agreed . . . 'nuff said.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about the X3. Hope the wife is OK. Even in sun soaked, predominantly laid back southwest Florida you can ocassionally find a racist idiot. As far as the cun comment there is probably alot more in Texas than Florida.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:16 AM
MEX
Senior Members

mmm flowerfred, now im wondering...

do you give flowers to your wife when trying to make her happy? i bet you she doesnt fall for that one uh?

its a shame when people act with disrespect and jealousy, i know in the end its just money, but hey you worked hard for it and deserve to spend it the way YOU decide. dont worry too much, that kind of people will very hardly get somewhere in life. Cheer up!
Old 10-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MEX' date='Oct 5 2004, 01:16 PM
mmm flowerfred, now im wondering...

do you give flowers to your wife when trying to make her happy? i bet you she doesnt fall for that one uh??
[snapback]41474[/snapback]

Not a chance! Whenever I do that she complains about the quality!!

Old 10-06-2004, 02:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 6 2004, 12:14 AM
[quote name='MEX' date='Oct 5 2004, 01:16 PM']mmm flowerfred, now im wondering...

do you give flowers to your wife when trying to make her happy? i bet you she doesnt fall for that one uh??
[snapback]41474[/snapback]

Not a chance! Whenever I do that she complains about the quality!!

[snapback]41715[/snapback]
[/quote]
not if you give her the money flowers . well, she'll probably complain about the quantity .
Old 10-06-2004, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 6 2004, 12:14 PM
Whenever I do that she complains about the quality!!

[snapback]41715[/snapback]
Now wait a minute... Are you saying you only deal with low quality flowers??
Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 AM
JDN
Contributors

Rather a discriminating spouse.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:19 PM
tab545, as for the asylum issue. I wouldn't want to be British if they'd pay me. In fact, I feel more European than Dutch if anything.

[snapback]41324[/snapback]

You may not want to be British, but going by your last statment you have a lot to thank them for, what with your dad being an offspring of a holoucast survivor !