Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RodyBMW,

In the UK we have a comprehensive colour and trim guide which tells you all of the colour of the interior trim compents (everything from the A pillar trim colour to the grab handles!) depending upon your choice of interior upholstery colour.

All colours with the exception of grey have a black dashboard upper and lower sections (Truffle brown is the only exception where the lower section is truffle brown). The grey interior is shown as having a grey dash (upper and lower sections) although I 'm sure I have seen photos of press test cars where the dash looks black.

The amethyst and auburn interiors are basically all black (i.e. door panels, carpets, centre console etc)with the exception of the headling, A, B & C pillar trims which are grey and the door insert panels which are in the leather colour. The truffle brown has a truffle brown interior (door panels, carpets, centre console) with a few black items. These are the front armrest top and the handbrake handle.

Everything in the interior with the grey leather is grey. Everything in the beige leather interior (excluding black dashboard) is beige.

I can't imagine it will be any different for the US market so I hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Sep 10 2003, 10:19 AM
In the UK we have a comprehensive colour and trim guide which tells you all of the colour of the interior trim compents (everything from the A pillar trim colour to the grab handles!) depending upon your choice of interior upholstery colour.
ISUK

Thank you very much for your informative post. It helps quite a bit. Just curious, is the guide available on the net, or would you be able to scan and post it?

Thanks Again,
rodybmw
Old 09-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Sep 10 2003, 10:19 AM
All colours with the exception of grey have a black dashboard upper and lower sections (Truffle brown is the only exception where the lower section is truffle brown). The grey interior is shown as having a grey dash (upper and lower sections) although I 'm sure I have seen photos of press test cars where the dash looks black.

The amethyst and auburn interiors are basically all black (i.e. door panels, carpets, centre console etc)with the exception of the headling, A, B & C pillar trims which are grey and the door insert panels which are in the leather colour. The truffle brown has a truffle brown interior (door panels, carpets, centre console) with a few black items. These are the front armrest top and the handbrake handle.

Everything in the interior with the grey leather is grey. Everything in the beige leather interior (excluding black dashboard) is beige.

I can't imagine it will be any different for the US market so I hope this helps.
According to the post above the Truffle Brown interior is supposed to have a Truffle Brown lower dash, the beige is supposed to have an all black dash, and the gray is supposed to have a gray upper and lower dash. But according to the following pictures all the lower dash sections look the same ( the section immediately below the wood or Titan trim is black and then the section below that is the color of the interior. So which section is BMW referring to as the lower dash? If it's the section in the very bottom then none of them have a black lower section. If it's the section right below the wood or Titan trim then that section should be Truffle brown for the Truffle Brown interior and Gray for the Gray interior, but it seems like it's black in both cases. So, is the color guide wrong or am I misunderstanding something?

Truffle Brown

Truffle Brown

Truffle Brown

Beige

Gray
Old 09-11-2003, 12:51 AM
Senior Members

RodyBMW,

I've tried to scan the brochure but the result isn't readable. I can send it to you as a MS Word doc if you send me your e-mail address.

Regards,

ISUK
Old 09-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Deborah Blaylock

PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE A PIC OF THE AMETHYST GREY AT ALL ANGLES. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THE COLOR GOES FROM LIGHT TO DARK DEPENDING ON HOW THE LIGHT HITS IT. I HAVE ORDERED THE CAR IN THIS COLOR AND I AM SO AFRAID THAT I MIGHT NOT LIKE THE COLOR. I'M AFRAID THAT IT MAY BE TOO DARK.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Deborah Blaylock' date='Sep 12 2003, 11:06 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE A PIC OF THE AMETHYST GREY AT ALL ANGLES. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THE COLOR GOES FROM LIGHT TO DARK DEPENDING ON HOW THE LIGHT HITS IT. I HAVE ORDERED THE CAR IN THIS COLOR AND I AM SO AFRAID THAT I MIGHT NOT LIKE THE COLOR. I'M AFRAID THAT IT MAY BE TOO DARK.
hi, you can see three pictures of that color that I took myself some weeks ago here in Spain. It's at this website, in 'pictures from Spain', they're number 8, 9 and 10 if you start counting on the left, I hope it helps. But of course I'll take pictures of it if I see one.

Bye, adi?s

Just one more thing, I'm leaving tomorrow, so I'll check your posts for the last time tomorrow at noon, more or less.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Members

im sure you probably had this in mind already, but, in addition to my previous requests, could you also keep an eye out for all the diffrent bmw tuners at the show? i think ACS, breyton, and hamann will all be there. id be really interested to know what you think of their wheels and body kits and a pic or two wouldnt hurt either hope this isnt too late. again have fun and take care.

steven
Old 09-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Members

no problem, I have seen the IAA guide and there are several tuning companies there.
Old 09-14-2003, 12:02 AM
Contributors

If you see any E60's that have the upper dash the same color as the interior can you take some pictures? According to the color and trim guide info that ISUK posted only the gray interior is supposed to have an upper dash that is the same color as the interior, and the rest are supposed to have black upper dashes. But here is a picture of a Truffle Brown interior that has a Truffle Brown upper dash and another one that has a black upper dash. I'm just wondering if one is a pre-production prototype and one is the real thing ( and which one is which).

Thanks in Advance,
rodybmw

TRUFFLE BROWN INTERIOR WITH TRUFFLE BROWN UPPER DASH

TRUFFLE BROWN INTERIOR WITH BLACK UPPER DASH
Old 09-14-2003, 04:01 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rodybmw,

Perhaps the photos don't do the color justice, but the dash and armrest look gray to me.

Here's a link to BMW's Frankfurt Auto Show site.

Quick Reply: I'm going to the Frankfurt Auto Show