Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How many forum members does it take...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
Old 05-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

1 E.R NURSE to help the injured from trying to fix a light bulb.. :bashwall:
Old 05-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stream' date='May 23 2005, 09:54 PM
How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
[snapback]132493[/snapback]
I find this to be really funny!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by uwsc11' date='May 23 2005, 11:06 PM
[quote name='stream' date='May 23 2005, 09:54 PM']How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

[snapback]132524[/snapback]
[/quote]

Me too!
Old 05-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by uwsc11' date='May 23 2005, 11:06 PM
[quote name='uwsc11' date='May 23 2005, 11:06 PM'][quote name='stream' date='May 23 2005, 09:54 PM']How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

[snapback]132524[/snapback]
[/quote]

Me too!
[snapback]132525[/snapback]
[/quote]

Me three!

...sorry just wanted to proof a point!

Old 05-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Sounds a bit like RF (except there would be more posts added for personal attacks, etc.)

Then again, before we got it all sorted out here a short time ago, you could have added a few more posters to "welcome the newbies" in the light bulb thread!

Funny stuff...
Old 05-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

I'll find this funny in 6 months!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

good thing we are talking lightbulbs, not foglights .
Old 05-24-2005, 04:20 AM
JDN
Contributors

Just takes one good wife.