Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How has the economic meltdown...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

Or is it effected... I always get those two mixed up. Public education for the win.

Anyway - the slowdown has even hit the Middle East as many projects have been either scaled back or put on hold (still a ton moving forward). Plus the dramatic slow down in other markets my company is involved with has put even more focus on the ME in terms of supporting the jobs in the other markets. End of year bonus' have been scaled way back to pad the war chest and prevent any global layoffs. The end result is even more focus and pressure on growth and profitability in the ME and torpedoing my Alpina B5 hopes for the new year.

How about the rest of you? Any major changes in your life or plans?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='728992' date='Nov 23 2008, 03:29 AM
Or is it effected... I always get those two mixed up. Public education for the win.

Anyway - the slowdown has even hit the Middle East as many projects have been either scaled back or put on hold (still a ton moving forward). Plus the dramatic slow down in other markets my company is involved with has put even more focus on the ME in terms of supporting the jobs in the other markets. End of year bonus' have been scaled way back to pad the war chest and prevent any global layoffs. The end result is even more focus and pressure on growth and profitability in the ME and torpedoing my Alpina B5 hopes for the new year.

How about the rest of you? Any major changes in your life or plans?
Affected Since I still have 20 years of earning potential, I'm not terribly concerned about my portfolio, aside from the obvious shock and awe whenever the statements arrive. In fact, I see this period as a buyers market and have been adding to my stocks as well as looking at picking up more property.

Hang in there...it'll be a long recovery
Old 11-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi- Alpine White, Natural Brown Interior, Sport Pack, Premium Pack, Comfort Access, 20 way Multi-contor seats, Navigation, 18" rims, Cold Weather Pack

things have slowed because nobody has money to spend, but thats not news. Im in the wholesale business (produce) and people have become very VERY slow pay i still push product but cant get paid in a timely fashion. Aside from everything being priced through the roof. I can only assume things will get worse before they get better. Hopefully with the people's president Obama there can be some change that will restore some confidence in the market!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Contributors

I'm holding on to what ever I have saved up... I SO WANT AN MTECT kit
Old 11-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='729063' date='Nov 23 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm holding on to what ever I have saved up... I SO WANT AN MTECT kit
ditto
Old 11-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Members

Well I work for Delphi as a model maker for engineering in research and development. We make prototype fuel management systems from scratch for test on future platform engines.........need I say more? We were crankin along until gm came out in July and put the breaks on everything. To make matters worse, the market went into a downturn and compounded the problem. I'm a plastic injection mold maker by trade so if need be I can do other things but this is the best job to support my e60 modification addiction!!! In addition I've taken race classes for my license...... I was going to set up my 06 cbr 600 rr for amateur racing in 09 but with this whole recession (they have yet to come out and say officialy it's a recession...) and the potential of it getting worse, I'm just gonna stuff my matress!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Im not even in the states, but our real estate market has come down almost 50% from last year, slow as hell, so much uncertainty... Projects are just sitting there, many running out of funds, forclosing etc... O well Gotta tough it out though... its and up and down battle
Old 11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

No savings, no money and lots of people with no jobs!