Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How can you pass up this deal?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

We all should go in on this car...

Hello there,

Thanks for your email.
First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my car. I know that are numerous offers and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.

I have for sale one car:
2005 BMW 5-Series 545i AUTO

I am a private seller not a shop and I am curently located in Greece as I moved here with my family and I run a small business. I purchased the car in US and I have to sell it now because it costs me too much to register it here in Greece. I have to sell it fast because if I don't register it here this week I will lose it to the state. This is the reason for the low price.
The car is like new, completely working, 5000 miles, 2005 model and with 4 years EXTENDED INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty or 50000 miles and will be honored at any dealer in your country. The car can be registered in US as it has already passed the US test emissions. All the manuals and the original documentation are written in eight languages. You will receive your car in 4-5 working days by Lufthansa Air Cargo at the nearest Lufthansa Terminal. It is insured in case of damage. The title is clear and you will register it in your country. I send all my items having written on them ''gift'' so you don't have to pay any additional taxes. I will send you the item with all the papers (warranty, insurance etc. ...).

The shipping costs and the insurance taxes of the package will be down to me as I have a very good friend working for Lufthansa and will not be so much and you only pay for the money transfer commission when you wire the funds, which is about 4% from the total amount sent.

The unit is being shipped from Greece and you wont have to pay for customs or any additional taxes when it arrive in your country.

The price I hope to obtain is $14,000 (this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.
You will arrange payment through wire transfer. In case you want me to ship you the car right now you have to make me a confirmation for 50% of the amount of money and after you receive and inspect the vehicle you have to send me the rest of the money.
The 50% payment is fully refundable. If for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the car but since it is a state of the art car and works and looks perfectly I think it would not get to this.

Good faith has always been my top priority and my most valued business approach. This is why I chose to be affiliated at eBay Square Trade. I have with them a purchase protection account for $20,000 US. This money is for refunding my customers in case they are not satisfied with my selling activity.
Payment will be done by cash money transfer and will be supervised by Ebay Square Trade. This is the only and the best way for each of us to let the transaction happen and that is because other ways take too much time.

You will send the first payment to ebay and as soon as I have the confirmation from ebay i will send the car. After you receive and inspect the car you will send a second confirmation to ebay so they will send me the information regarding the transfer and i will get my money.
Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the package.

If you agree with these terms, send me your full name and address and your ebay user ID and i will be more than glad to start to complete the transaction with you.
Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this car as i did.

Kind regards,
Comolena

WOW!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I smell a scam...
Old 03-20-2005, 06:20 PM
JDN
Contributors

Go ahead and ship it to me, Wart. When I get it registered in the US, I'll mail you a cashier's check. I'm sure you can trust me. I am PMing my shipping address right now.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:21 PM
Contributors

So - This person can afford to buy a 2005 545i for approx 60K, move to Greece to open a business and ship the car family etc. to Greece, but can't afford to pay the registration fee. He decides to sell the car for a little over 20% of its value - Yes I believe this must be legitimate!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Guest_BigartK_*

Sounds like the Nigerian Air Minister deal to me. Most all of us have heard that one I'm sure.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Contributors

When I first started looking at a 5-series, new or used I came across a very similar thing. At the time the guy was in Prague, Czech Repulic. It was funny, because I did an internet search in CA and the listing was for somewhere in Southern CA. When I contacted the guy he responded and told me that he was not in Southern CA, but in Prague and I could have the car for $25K. A real steal!
If a deal is too good to be true it most likely isn't. Since I know somebody who lives in Prague I asked the guy for his address so that my friend could come by to look at the car on my behalf. As you can imagine the guy wasn't very interested in giving out his address, which he probably didn't know anyway since he probably has never been in Prague his whole life.

Be careful! Scam!
<_<
Old 03-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

$14K WOW good deal!!! Now a days you dont know what to believe... I rather lose out on a good deal and go... Oh wells I had the chance... instead of "*@$^%@ I just lost $7K!!!!!!"
Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

JDN, after you get the vehicle, consider selling your 545i to me.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Previous BMW's owned: 2012 X3 2011 335 cic 2010 535 Touring 2009 335 cic 2008 535 Touring 2007 535 Touring 2006 330cic 2005 330cic 2004 545i 2003 745i 2001 740i 1999 540i 1997 540i 1995 540i 1988 635i 1987 635i 1984 633i 1983 528e

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Mar 20 2005, 10:20 PM
Go ahead and ship it to me, Wart. When I get it registered in the US, I'll mail you a cashier's check. I'm sure you can trust me. I am PMing my shipping address right now.
[snapback]104312[/snapback]

Here's a better deal Wart: I will go $500.00 higher than JDN.
Art
Old 03-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 20 2005, 07:25 PM
JDN, after you get the vehicle, consider selling your 545i to me.?
[snapback]104319[/snapback]
First wire him $7K and upon receiving your car and you are satisified then send the rest of the $7K... remember this deal is also fully refundable...

Note to JDN: you own me $3.5K for helping you scam soc_fans.

Quick Reply: How can you pass up this deal?!?!