Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How Beijing Olympic Logo Come About

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 06:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='488718' date='Nov 2 2007, 04:37 AM
Bah whatever its just a post on an internet forum PS - 5,000 posts pingu - congrats !!
word+1
wow did not know thanks
I dont look at that number any more.
just post stuff on this forum to keep it active, unlike most forum which are dead most of the time.
Old 11-03-2007 | 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe
Talking

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='488829' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:25 PM
word+1
wow did not know thanks
I dont look at that number any more.
just post stuff on this forum to keep it active, unlike most forum which are dead most of the time.
this world is still free (or whats left of it for the lucky few) , land of the brave and all that stuff, a bit of mischievous humour I suppose. i won't go into the political stuff as its of no interest to me, it was pretty tame anyway.
A bananaman is nothing new, or a big deal I think in the USA for example, ethnic immigrants or even 2nd Gen eg.Mexicans, Chinese, P ricans +Irish(have you seen that they fly their flag on their cars/houses ?) are all proud of their special upbringing and culture.

Pingu has posted so many positive things abt what why we are all in this forum, the BMW e60, thanks Pingu mate, I take my hat off to you, 5000+posts and still going strong! in spite of your dyslexia, it was never a problem undestanding your stuff, a couple of flash words from bmwpwr boy "mere rebuttal to his dysfunctional reply", I wonder where you lived in the UK, most probably some posh area (you wish) you don't impress me at all, but since you are not a UK born Chinese now immersed in HK, you don't know jack"stick" about what he is saying, you are also what you are, think about it.

I lived for 18years in the UK, and also a few years in the USA, and now in HK and I know that a lot of people in these countries have bad spelling and grammar... without having dyslexia- fair play to them, they are what they are.

but as the E60 is now getting on and nothing new in terms of bodykits etc,. are being churned out, things are getting boring.
Old 11-04-2007 | 12:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Originally Posted by das' post='488581' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:57 AM
Please stop reporting this post. It's not going to be deleted.

This is NOT a statement against Asians or Chinese; it is a statement against the Chinese government, whose oppression, human rights issues, and (attempted) suppression of speech and political thought are extremely well known.
Well said. I also took it as political humor.
Old 11-04-2007 | 03:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwpwr' post='488690' date='Nov 1 2007, 10:52 AM
I am Asian American.... I do not find offense to the comic at all. However, the person who posted the comic needs to learn how to write english and stop pretending to be something he is not. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK, but a mere rebuttal to his dysfunctional reply.

"well for a starter I am yellow out side and white inside so you could say I not HK person. I am British born and bread in England. As they call it in UK I am a Bananan
I love my own kind or I would not be working in HK for over 10 years now
I get loads of these from my HK frends which I think the same when I see them but it part of our life.
China is a bit like that, If you dont have power or money then you will end up in the low end which I hate there is no = in China.
poor get poorer and rich get rich there not middle right now."

Mistakes in BOLD.

There is something very wrong with the grammar,spelling, and sentence structure of 80% of his post.

My point is this: Do not defend yourself by saying you are a "Bananan" and British Born blah blah blah.... because you are not. Be who you are. I have lived in the USA and the UK for 23 years of my life and no one writes like that.

Sorry if I am harsh, but I was more bothered then his reply than his initial post.
+1