Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How Beijing Olympic Logo Come About

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007 | 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by Bambi' post='488514' date='Nov 1 2007, 05:54 AM
AGREED! :thumbsdown:
Even if dont like what someone has to say, I'll strongly defend their right to say it.

The cartoon is a polical (and humorous) take on what some people consider to be a repressive regime. It is posted in the correct part of the forum - The Lounge.

If we start censoring people we are disregarding the blood and tears shed by generations to establish democracy and free speech - never take it for granted.

(Exits stage left to the sound of "Land of the free...")

Martin
Old 11-01-2007 | 04:57 AM
das
Site Founders

My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Please stop reporting this post. It's not going to be deleted.

This is NOT a statement against Asians or Chinese; it is a statement against the Chinese government, whose oppression, human rights issues, and (attempted) suppression of speech and political thought are extremely well known.
Old 11-01-2007 | 05:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='488566' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:31 PM
Well...

Everybody has his own. And something you don't find funny at all, others may find histerically.
+1
It's quite funny, at the end .
Old 11-01-2007 | 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by das' post='488581' date='Nov 1 2007, 08:57 AM
Please stop reporting this post. It's not going to be deleted.

This is NOT a statement against Asians or Chinese; it is a statement against the Chinese government, whose oppression, human rights issues, and (attempted) suppression of speech and political thought are extremely well known.
Well put.

Old 11-01-2007 | 10:52 AM
Members

I am Asian American.... I do not find offense to the comic at all. However, the person who posted the comic needs to learn how to write english and stop pretending to be something he is not. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK, but a mere rebuttal to his dysfunctional reply.

"well for a starter I am yellow out side and white inside so you could say I not HK person. I am British born and bread in England. As they call it in UK I am a Bananan
I love my own kind or I would not be working in HK for over 10 years now
I get loads of these from my HK frends which I think the same when I see them but it part of our life.
China is a bit like that, If you dont have power or money then you will end up in the low end which I hate there is no = in China.
poor get poorer and rich get rich there not middle right now."

Mistakes in BOLD.

There is something very wrong with the grammar,spelling, and sentence structure of 80% of his post.

My point is this: Do not defend yourself by saying you are a "Bananan" and British Born blah blah blah.... because you are not. Be who you are. I have lived in the USA and the UK for 23 years of my life and no one writes like that.

Sorry if I am harsh, but I was more bothered then his reply than his initial post.
Old 11-01-2007 | 12:37 PM
Contributors

Bah whatever its just a post on an internet forum PS - 5,000 posts pingu - congrats !!
Old 11-01-2007 | 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='488566' date='Nov 1 2007, 12:31 PM
Well...

I see the pics as "political humor".

C'mon! It's a joke!!

Laugh or don't come back to this topic!

Thank you.
+1
Old 11-01-2007 | 05:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 325i 2007 Lexus G350

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='488566' date='Nov 1 2007, 06:31 AM
Well...

Taste is something you can't argue with people about. Everybody has his own. And something you don't find funny at all, others may find histerically.

Fact is, China, just as the USA, has the death penalty. Like it or not, it's there.

The idea behind the above pics is very creative, and for some, even funny.

If you find it inappropriate, don't look at it again, and don't give the thread a bump by posting/replying to it. Just ignore it.

Would I have posted them? Probably not, but I am not even 100% sure about that.

And don't bash the TS for posting it. He didn't made those pics, he just posted them. That doesn't say anything about his political views or his taste.

I posted stuff that I didn't like too. Just to share it with others who might be just as annoyed as I am, and to give people with other taste a good laugh.

I know that it is a bit problematic making jokes about China, espacially their politics/governement. But isn't that another reason why those jokes SHOULD be made?
After all, you Chinese people are laughing about jokes that are about the US and the US governement too, aren't you?

C'mon! It's a joke!!

Thank you.
The voice of reason! Nothing like common sense!!! Thank you, Iceman!
Old 11-01-2007 | 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='488566' date='Nov 1 2007, 07:31 PM
Well...

Taste is something you can't argue with people about. Everybody has his own. And something you don't find funny at all, others may find histerically.

Fact is, China, just as the USA, has the death penalty. Like it or not, it's there.

The idea behind the above pics is very creative, and for some, even funny.

If you find it inappropriate, don't look at it again, and don't give the thread a bump by posting/replying to it. Just ignore it.

Would I have posted them? Probably not, but I am not even 100% sure about that.

And don't bash the TS for posting it. He didn't made those pics, he just posted them. That doesn't say anything about his political views or his taste.

I posted stuff that I didn't like too. Just to share it with others who might be just as annoyed as I am, and to give people with other taste a good laugh.

I know that it is a bit problematic making jokes about China, espacially their politics/governement. But isn't that another reason why those jokes SHOULD be made?
After all, you Chinese people are laughing about jokes that are about the US and the US governement too, aren't you?

C'mon! It's a joke!!

Thank you.
+1 took it right out of my mouth
Old 11-01-2007 | 06:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by bmwpwr' post='488690' date='Nov 2 2007, 02:52 AM
I am Asian American.... I do not find offense to the comic at all. However, the person who posted the comic needs to learn how to write english and stop pretending to be something he is not. THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK, but a mere rebuttal to his dysfunctional reply.

"well for a starter I am yellow out side and white inside so you could say I not HK person. I am British born and bread in England. As they call it in UK I am a Bananan
I love my own kind or I would not be working in HK for over 10 years now
I get loads of these from my HK frends which I think the same when I see them but it part of our life.
China is a bit like that, If you dont have power or money then you will end up in the low end which I hate there is no = in China.
poor get poorer and rich get rich there not middle right now."

Mistakes in BOLD.

There is something very wrong with the grammar,spelling, and sentence structure of 80% of his post.

My point is this: Do not defend yourself by saying you are a "Bananan" and British Born blah blah blah.... because you are not. Be who you are. I have lived in the USA and the UK for 23 years of my life and no one writes like that.

Sorry if I am harsh, but I was more bothered then his reply than his initial post.
that OK that I can not spell or good grammar, because I have a illness and that is DYSLEXIA if you know what that is http://www.dyslexia.org/
I try fixing it but can not fix it so it has to be in my body for the rest of my life.
BTW I failed my English in UK haha. That why I took on art & design so that I dont have to write or read stuff.
It dose not matter if am good or not at anything, what matter is stay+ and be cool and happy every day
no harm done, no matter what people say itis alway Me, Myself and I.
BTW my engish is getting abit better from this forum cos before I joined I could not type to save my live and not I can type about 40 word a min.

Quick Reply: How Beijing Olympic Logo Come About