Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How to amass a fortune...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garylewa' post='900485' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:34 AM
Do yourself a favor and finish college, that diploma, no one can take away from you.

Regarding your third paragaph: I had (noticed had) friends whose parents sent them to the best schools in the area and not one has done a damn thing with their life. I have other friends that sacrificed partying, the nice car or crotch rocket, etc. and now are gainfully employed and productive members of society. Self-interest is a good thing along with a positive attitude and hard work, intellect and knowledge never hurt anyone. If you have time, pick up a used copy of The Bell Curve by by the late Harvard psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and American Enterprise Institute political scientist Charles Murray. It is a tough read but everything in that book is true. GL in your studies.
thankyou. i have friends with their education completed living in their parents basements, some dont even work. that would have been me if i had gone to school first. i live 1500 miles away from my family, left home when i was 19, did my time in the service, and now... and only now i am mature enough to finish school.

i appreciate the advice, and based on your input in this thread and the other hot topic tonight, i trust your recommendation. i will keep my eye out for that book.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='900467' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:22 AM
Since we're all quoting here, Einstein said "its not that I'm smarter, I just stay with the problems longer"
Since we are on Einstein here is the: The Einstein IQ Test

Below is a quiz written by Einstein. He stated that 98% of the people in the world cannot solve this quiz. Are you among the other 2%? basically, use the 15 hints to answer the last question.....

Facts:
1. There are 5 houses in 5 different colours
2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality..
3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

Hints:
The Brit lives in a red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left of the white house.
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
The question for the Einstein test is ... WHO KEEPS THE FISH?

Einstein is said to have solved this in less than 5 minutes; it took me longer; my wife can't solve it.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Contributors

i am not that sharp right now. i think tomorrow i will give it a thorough looking at and time myself. as an analyst, if i dont do well, i dont want to blame it on lack of sleep or the few beers i had after work.

edit: with a pencil and paper i could figure it out in less then 5 minutes i believe
Old 06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by garylewa' post='900492' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:41 AM
Since we are on Einstein here is the: The Einstein IQ Test

Below is a quiz written by Einstein. He stated that 98% of the people in the world cannot solve this quiz. Are you among the other 2%? basically, use the 15 hints to answer the last question.....

Facts:
1. There are 5 houses in 5 different colours
2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality..
3. These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

Hints:
The Brit lives in a red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left of the white house.
The green house owner drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the house right in the centre drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
The question for the Einstein test is ... WHO KEEPS THE FISH?

Einstein is said to have solved this in less than 5 minutes; it took me longer; my wife can't solve it.
Is it a Gefilte fish?

I'll also go ahead and ask another dumb question: is it a fact that one or more of them keep the fish?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='900488' date='Jun 4 2009, 02:39 AM
thankyou. i have friends with their education completed living in their parents basements, some dont even work. that would have been me if i had gone to school first. i live 1500 miles away from my family, left home when i was 19, did my time in the service, and now... and only now i am mature enough to finish school.

i appreciate the advice, and based on your input in this thread and the other hot topic tonight, i trust your recommendation. i will keep my eye out for that book.
I'm gonna have to +1 on that thanks, sir
Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

I'm still going with meth. Right product, right time. Everybody wins.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Contributors

i have a simple and yet a very general answer.

"DONT BE LAZY, STEP UP."
Old 06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

ive met people who spent 10 years in medical school that are rich, ive met people who never graduated college and are rich. ive met people who make $5mio/year working on wall street...(actually ive met a few that have made 20 times that in a year)...ive met people who own a restaurant/bar/cafe that make that much in a year.

i read once that in order to be truly wealthy u have to come up with an idea, or be in a business, that is 'scalable'... ie, jk rowling writes one book, sells millions of copies of it, and becomes a billionaire. same thing with the guy who franchises his restaurant, same thing with a wall streeter who has investors, same thing with bill gates who wrote one program called windows 30 years ago....etc etc etc. take a dentist or plumber for example, both make a good living, but few, if any, are wealthy...no matter how good they are, they can only work X amount of hours per week.

what ive learned is that there is no ONE way to do it...what i have realized though is that your odds of becoming wealthy almost disappear if youre working for someone else....bar the occassional wall street trader, law firm partner, or hospital neurosurgeon.

PS; after working on wall street for so long ive also experienced how many rich people are truly miserable (i can tell you stories!!!!), so money isnt the end-all-be-all. ive met many teachers and hairdressers that love their life regardless of their paycheck.