Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Help with Eurorail

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to travel to some cities in Europe and can't seem to figure out the cheapest package to get using eurorail (OMG, they have so many packages to choose from) and I'm seeing double figuring it out.

If any regular eurorail users in the forum, please help. Here is my itinerary:

Rome to Florence
Florence to Venice
Venice to Milan
Milan to Zurich
Zurich to Paris
Paris to London

This trip will span 3 weeks.

Also, is it safe to travel these routes (and cities) all by myself?

Thanks so much.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

long time no see, jenny . i think you'll find so many members will be more than happy to show you around...especially you are by yourself . too bad i don't live there .
Old 07-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Members

Thanks, alohalc.

I check this forum often, but not been posting in a while. I was just a bit overwhelmed with work recently. But it slowed down now. Wheew.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

but you'll be overwhelm again after this post. remember the post that with your pic ?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

It has been some time since my backpacking days around Europe, but I always used a Eurail Pass. You buy them for a set time period (1 week, 2 weeks, 21 days, 1 month etc.) and you are free to get on and off trains for any destination on the continent. This would give you the flexibility to take side trips to other locations outside of the itinerary you listed. I used to get the 1 month pass during the summer and just go. Once I got to Munich and all the hostels were full, so back to the train station to catch an overnight train to Rome. Just slept on the train. Not sure this really helps you! The only catch is the Eurail Pass I used to use is not good for the UK, so your Paris to London leg may have to be purchased seperately. The Chunnel is great, costs about the same as air travel and when you include travel time to and from airports etc, the travel time is very similar.

http://www.eurail.com/