Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Help with a computer virus or something!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I have had this on my computer for months! Like since Nov. Everytime I click on a page. or even to "sign in" on this site. I get a pop up to a page that says google/ad and some other crap. Joe did some scans, and downloaded some new scans and spyware and shit, and he checks it, it seems okay, but then its still there! I have it now popping up saying "google/analytics and some site sends me somewhere.. Like a friggen apartment hunt, or it could be a restaurant review, its bizarre!!!!

I dont know how to make it go away! Its even worse now then it was. I dont go to many sites, I dont even get quite the volume of emails containting "stuff" that I used to! So I dont know whats going on! Joe said he thought it was some "google virus" but w/e he did at work and had his "tech guy" do, DIDNT WORK! I need help!!! Any ideas?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Mel, try this:
Step 1) right click on MyComputer
Go to Properties
Click on the system protection (Win Vista or 7)
Turn off System Restore - viruses love to hide there and scans won't find them
Download Windows Cleanup! Clicky
Run Windows Cleanup! to erase the System cache and temp files (another place viruses love)
Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Search for free online virus scanners such as: Bitdefender

The scan will give you an ide of what's going on on your computer...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Let me know how their suggestions turn out and when you're ready for some real IT support

Michael
Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor

Hi Mel,

Go here and download HijackThis executable version.

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

When it's done downloading, fire it up and click Scan
Once the scan is done, click Save log and save the log (make sure you know where you're saving it).

Then open the log and copy and paste your results here or email me at michael at hsuconsulting dot com

Michael
Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

okay, i disabled restore and im running the scan..waiting.. just getting to this site was a pain in the ass.. It keeps asking me to stay on this page?? etc.. stupid shit that drives me nuts! Its running as I type.. we shall see
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Contributors

http://www.google-analytics.com/pp.p...gopid__1304573

I "cut and pasted" quickly before the whole page loaded... I dont know if anyone should click on it though.. lol..

this is the page that keeps popping up!!! just clicking on "post" this crap comes up! Its making me crazy!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor

mel,

what browser are you running? what happens if you use another browser does the same thing happen?

michael
Old 02-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
mel,

what browser are you running? what happens if you use another browser does the same thing happen?

michael
bowser?? speak in laments terms to me on this im absolutely retarded when it comes to computer lingo..lol.. We have vista..?? If thats what your asking.. but the internet explorer homepage is set up to aol... im not sure what you mean>?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by melimel
bowser?? speak in laments terms to me on this im absolutely retarded when it comes to computer lingo..lol.. We have vista..?? If thats what your asking.. but the internet explorer homepage is set up to aol... im not sure what you mean>?

LOL, it's okay Mel, you're already answered it. Internet Explorer is your browser, it's the program you use to open a webpage. I much prefer Google's Chrome myself.

Quick Reply: Help with a computer virus or something!!