Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Heath Ledgers Funeral to be Picketed

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Clickety Click

According to these wackos film is reality!!!

Should Gary Oldman be picketed and ostracised for his portrayal of Dracula in the 1992 film of the same name? Do they believe that Helen Mirren is in fact the Queen of the United Kingdom? Does Johnny Depp in fact own his own Chocolate Factory where children can visit and he employs only miniature tribes people? Is John Hurt in fact disfigured by Elephantitis? Does Sigourney Weaver fight Aliens in a spaceship? Or maybe in their deluded world Tom Hanks is actually a rag doll Cowboy being played with by a small child while befriending talking toy dinosaurs, Mr Potato Heads and green toy soldiers? And they must be really blown away by Superman......Christopher Reeves actually flying!!! Well I never.

Idiots!!

Rant over.....
Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

The WBC is the epitome of evil and what is wrong with this country. They want to make headlines and polarize society because it gives them fuel for their twisted cause. The irony is that one day we'll probably hear how Fred Phelps was caught in a bathroom stall at a truck stop getting a "massage" from some dude.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '08 535i Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota Comfort Seats-Premium Pkg, Nav, ipod, PDC, Steptronic Proud BMW owner since 9-1-07

These are the same ones that have been protesting at the funerals of service men and women killed in Iraq and
Afghanistan. They set up loud and vile demonstrations in view of the families saying that these young men and women deserved to die because the United States supports homosexuality.
On the positive side this has led to the formation of the Patriot Guard Riders
http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx
an organization formed to intervene between family and the protesters in a peaceful, respectful way. Now over 125000 members of the PGR ride or drive to honor the fallen veterans from all wars, whether the protesters show up or not.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

The WBC portrays itself as a religious organization above reproach. I wonder how many of them have engaged in activities that they would attack if it were done by someone outside of their organization? Besides, hasn't the church had its own issues with priests and young boys etc.?? Now they wish to picket the most sacred moment of a young ACTOR, not a homosexual, but an actor, have they no shame? Ethics? Moral code? I always say if you don't like the subject matter, THEN DON'T WATCH THE FILM!!Theres no gun to your head forcing you to watch. Then you'll attempt to compound the suffering of those around Heath Ledger because you have an issue with a CHARACTER he played in a movie? Get a life!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Members

I have attended Baptist churches most of my life and these "Baptists" have no relation to what I have ever heard. Also, I haven't read the Bible probably as much as I should, but enough to know that they must not be able to read and certainly haven't studied.

The WBC portrays the problem that comes up when we put "religion" over "relationship"!