Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

got a ticket: tinted windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

I got this stupid ticket recently. i only have 35% all around but state don't have money i guess so they giving tickets for everything now.. i was warned like 3 times before but this time i got it.

so, here are my options: pay $174(not that bad) or take the tint off and pay $25. But then, i would still tint it i guess(i like the even tint look on the car) and spend like @100+hassle of removing tint and all that

would you just pay the bail if you were in my place?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by vlad_b' post='997858' date='Sep 3 2009, 11:22 PM
I got this stupid ticket recently. i only have 35% all around but state don't have money i guess so they giving tickets for everything now.. i was warned like 3 times before but this time i got it.

so, here are my options: pay $174(not that bad) or take the tint off and pay $25. But then, i would still tint it i guess(i like the even tint look on the car) and spend like @100+hassle of removing tint and all that

would you just pay the bail if you were in my place?
take a picture of another car without tint, show them, and just pay the $25.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Contributors

or find a "cop" friend to write it off for you. game over!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='997898' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:48 PM
or find a "cop" friend to write it off for you. game over!
+1 mail the ticket to me and I'll have my neighbor sign it off!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

is it possible to get an "exception" sticker for tints in Cali?

Sucks about the ticket, tyozka, but you'll be aight - especially, if skelevirus ain't full of sh!t
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turboawd' post='997877
is it possible to get an "exception" sticker for tints in Cali?

Sucks about the ticket, tyozka, but you'll be aight - especially, if skelevirus ain't full of sh!t
no stickers, but you can get a document stating you need window tint for an "eye condition".
Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='997916' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:56 AM
that doesn't fly here in CA.

no stickers, but you can get a document stating you need window tint for an "eye condition".
Glaucoma?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='997902' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:50 AM
+1 mail the ticket to me and I'll have my neighbor sign it off!
that was on an episode of King of Queens, where Arthur tells spence he will take care of a ticket, but he couldnt, so he just paid it. everyone thought he was so great, he was just paying the tickets and was now broke

also on an episode of cold case, One of the detectives told a woman he would take care of her ticket. long story short, he got a date, but paid the ticket.

cops cant get you out of tickets that easily. When I used to issue tickets for the DPS, i had to turn in a copy. Each ticket in my citation book was numbered and signed for, accountable to the county, levels above silly buddy helping buddy corruption. I was accountable for the copy that got turned in. one time i took back a $250 parking ticket for parking in a fire zone at a home depot for a nassau county cop. I got my ass handed to me by my supervisor. when i resigned and turned in my ticket book missing a ticket, i could have owed the county for the cost of the ticket on top of legal ramification, but i was leaving for the army.

anyway, anyone who tells you they will get rid of a ticket for you is just going to pay out of pocket and hopes you think they are a hero. they may even be looking for a hand job.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='997922' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:00 PM
that was on an episode of King of Queens, where Arthur tells spence he will take care of a ticket, but he couldnt, so he just paid it. everyone thought he was so great, he was just paying the tickets and was now broke

also on an episode of cold case, One of the detectives told a woman he would take care of her ticket. long story short, he got a date, but paid the ticket.

cops cant get you out of tickets that easily. When I used to issue tickets for the DPS, i had to turn in a copy. Each ticket in my citation book was numbered and signed for, accountable to the county, levels above silly buddy helping buddy corruption. I was accountable for the copy that got turned in. one time i took back a $250 parking ticket for parking in a fire zone at a home depot for a nassau county cop. I got my ass handed to me by my supervisor. when i resigned and turned in my ticket book missing a ticket, i could have owed the county for the cost of the ticket on top of legal ramification, but i was leaving for the army.

anyway, anyone who tells you they will get rid of a ticket for you is just going to pay out of pocket and hopes you think they are a hero. they may even be looking for a hand job.

Bro its a fix it ticket...What he means is that you have a cop sign off on it saying there is no tint anymore...Then you pay the fine of $25 done deal....He's not going to get rid of the ticket...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='997934' date='Sep 4 2009, 01:06 AM
Bro its a fix it ticket...What he means is that you have a cop sign off on it saying there is no tint anymore...Then you pay the fine of $25 done deal....He's not going to get rid of the ticket...
got it.

can you just have any cop sign off on it? that is pretty cool. What happens if you get ticketed again later that day? just playing devil's advocate now.

Quick Reply: got a ticket: tinted windows