Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Got into an accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:32 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na
Default Got into an accident

Hey guys, I'm not the activest poster as I try to make it a habit to get off the computer as soon as I possibly can but I got a real big ordeal going on. So hear me out

Today I was bringing my mother to radiation. I was on a hospital street with pedestrians around, and I came out to a 4 lane intersection. As I pull up to a stop sign I see an ambulance making it's way to the northern part of the hosipital. I make a full stop and I check around. As I begin to pull straight a girl in a blue Hyundai comes speeding uphill in a pedestrian area going around 50-60 right down the street of the hospital. I was about halfway through the intersection and I jerk my front right so that I wouldn't be taking a side impact on my door. She jerked towards her left and it hit my fender and left my front bumper hinging off. All I could think about is this dumb asian women speeding and how badly it was going to screw me over. I have a few points and I've lost my license before. I didn't get any tickets today but man, I think I might have to get rid of my bimmer. I hate how this system works and how some people drive in areas like that. On my way out of parking I let a few people pass, an ambulance cut through while still having a few people trying to cross near the the intersection.

I had a stop sign so most likely it'll all be on me, but with a few pedestrians signs up I was hoping it would be helpful in my situation but it seems a little bleak. Already pay 3500 a year on my insurance. God knows what's next
Old 07-19-2013, 05:54 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na

Mother is fine from the accident but I'm extremely depressed. FUCK

Anyone know if my insurance boost is based off the severity of my accident? I'd like to believe all she'd need is a new bumper.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Glad to hear everyone is OK, you can replace the car you can't replace health of people. The car probably helped with the impact, they are built very well.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by BesE60
Mother is fine from the accident but I'm extremely depressed. FUCK

Anyone know if my insurance boost is based off the severity of my accident? I'd like to believe all she'd need is a new bumper.
Severity plays a very, very, very, very, very small role in determining your insurance premium. The risk involved with insuring you in that car for how you use it is what drives your insurance premium.

Good luck with the car.