Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Google+

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011 | 05:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

If you have joined Google+, what do you think about it?

To me, it's pretty much a Facebook clone with the only main difference being your "fiends" are pre-organized into groups like Friends, Family, and Acquaintances, etc..

EDIT: I wish on Google+ and Facebook you could insert images in your status posts like we do in forums...
Old 07-12-2011 | 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I've been on g+ for about 1 week now. Definitely like the "de-cluttered" layout. I like the ability to separate news feeds per "circles". Also like the sparks feature along with the +1 feature (as I use google for my search engine almost exclusively). Personal chats/posts can be started fairly easily on g+ as well, it's very easy to limit who sees posts/who you share your posts with. Overall once more people jump on g+ and a native mobile app for BB and iPhone are released I think g+ should do very well.

RE: adding pics into actual posts, that would be interesting, but actually just posting a picture, inserting a caption and sharing with whichever specified circles/individuals you want is pretty close to that.

I've been sending invites daily to friends (most are requested by them)...most have nothing negative to say, the ones the do or don't like g+ I think they're still too used to FB and/or twitter and not ready for something new ...

I tend to describe g+ as an FB + twitter hybrid...just a very simplified/clean version...

In one of my posts on g+ i stated: I wonder if g+ will do to fb as fb did to myspace, of course only time will tell.....

All I know is right now, my FB news feed reminds me of my old myspace bulletin board..cluttered and messy. Some may say you should just delete some friends, well I don't think that's the right solution, that's where g+ and their "cirlces" format comes in. Much easier way to navigate thru feeds.
Old 07-13-2011 | 08:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I've been on g+ for about 1 week now. Definitely like the "de-cluttered" layout. I like the ability to separate news feeds per "circles". Also like the sparks feature along with the +1 feature (as I use google for my search engine almost exclusively). Personal chats/posts can be started fairly easily on g+ as well, it's very easy to limit who sees posts/who you share your posts with. Overall once more people jump on g+ and a native mobile app for BB and iPhone are released I think g+ should do very well.

Gene, the more time i spend using it, the more I'm starting to appreciate some of the aspects that differentiate it from FB. I think G+ will end up being the true test of Facebook. As more and more people start using G+, I imagine FB will slowly become less relevant, like MySpace.
Old 07-13-2011 | 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

i stated on one of my posts on g+: "I wonder if g+ will do to fb as fb did to myspace"
Old 07-13-2011 | 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
i stated on one of my posts on g+: "I wonder if g+ will do to fb as fb did to myspace"
Any time soon, I doubt it. Long term answer = probably

BUT, I think it will take years.

The real question is if Mark Zuckerberg will join in on the G+ action
Old 07-13-2011 | 02:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pradden
The real question is if Mark Zuckerberg will join in on the G+ action

Nevermind. He already has.

EDIT: on second thought that is definitely a fake profile.