Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Going to be in Manhattan in less than 2 weeks, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up guys. The wife and I are going to be in Manhattan for 3 days (Dec 5-6-7, and returning on the 8th). When we were there last, we found an Irish restaurant in the low 40's, high 30's between 5th and 4th avenues. Can't remember the name, but really good food.

We are looking for some cool stuff to do. We have done most the touristy stuff before (althought, would like to get out to the Statue this time). What do all my NY brethren suggest? Looking for one really nice (read great food) Italian place to eat. And one really nice "New Yorky" place to eat....

Also, if any of you all want to get together for a beer or something, that would be great (C's Bimmer, others?). Let me know.

J
Old 11-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I'll meet up. Where are you guys staying?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Members

Westin Time Square...Flying into La Guardia.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Members

Anyone....Bueller.....Bueller....
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='731102' date='Nov 25 2008, 10:20 AM
Anyone....Bueller.....Bueller....
Voodoo economics....love that movie...

Can't recc anything for ya, but have a safe and fun trip. Mind picking me up a cheesecake from Junior's? j/k (I actually already have one being shipped to me for thanksgiving)
Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

I think theres a meet/dinner at Member Anthony517s Restaurant. Havent heard exactly when yet but it should be around that time.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Members

That sounds great... Let's firm up time and stuff...I would love to get together with some guys!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

perfect timing.. i dont know when they light the tree.. you can go there.. try some of emeril's restaurants.. look them up in zagat.. his food is awesome.. you can go down to broadway around canal and start heading north, theres so much shopping and cool stores.. bloomies is on broadway.. real pretty in there.. hit up macys in herald square.. then head up to the 50's and 5th.. look at the window decorations as you see the tree.. l.. asia de cuba is awesome.. NEED reservation, but slamming food.. real trendy.. try the bar in the W hotel.cool lounge, businessy crowd sometimes... forgot the name, but a relaxed crowd with brains..lol.. lets us know.. maybe you can meet at filli ponte for the dinner.. although i think its during the middle of the week
Old 11-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Vegastrashed is in town this week. MacFly will be here towards the end of December and Jason will be here in a couple of weeks. Couldn't the 3 of you guys come at the same time???

I'll talk to Anthony and see if we can do a dinner when Jason is in town, too.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='729361' date='Nov 23 2008, 08:05 PM
What's up guys. The wife and I are going to be in Manhattan for 3 days (Dec 5-6-7, and returning on the 8th). When we were there last, we found an Irish restaurant in the low 40's, high 30's between 5th and 4th avenues. Can't remember the name, but really good food.

We are looking for some cool stuff to do. We have done most the touristy stuff before (althought, would like to get out to the Statue this time). What do all my NY brethren suggest? Looking for one really nice (read great food) Italian place to eat. And one really nice "New Yorky" place to eat....

Also, if any of you all want to get together for a beer or something, that would be great (C's Bimmer, others?). Let me know.

J

if you want to try a very small, elegant, italian restaurant in tribeca with amazing food, i would recommend il giglio...pricy, but well worth it, i believe reservations are a must and you should secure early if possible

as for new yorky? there are many many things that describe that, just depends on where you are.... but if you like the trendy side of things and a nite out for dinner and lounge drinking, id recommend you try the meat packing district...many great restaurants and bars/lounges, and a number that are both and very nice....

there are at least a dozen good places within 4 blocks of each other that i could name, here are some nice places to check out that i frequent...

Buddha Bar is an asian-fusion restaurant and lounge, great fun and good food
Vento is a great mediterranean/italian restaurant
STK is one of the hottest steak houses in the city
For traditonal steakhouse going back to the late 19th century, you can try the Old Homestead steak house

...or for a brunch or lunch you can try Pastis

there are also smaller bistro size restaurants serving everything from italian, to mexican, to indian and thai, so if you check out the area during the day, you can easily find a great place to eat and hang....

Quick Reply: Going to be in Manhattan in less than 2 weeks, what to do?