Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

GM pulls the plug on Pontiac

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='858103' date='Apr 24 2009, 08:37 PM
Why would they keep Buick? I hate Buicks. I get "buicked" at least once or twice a day! You know, the chances are that the blue-haired old lady driving 25 in a 45 is more then likely driving a Buick....whcih in turn causes the e60 to get "buicked". You may write this off now...but start to keep track...you too will see how BAD Buick drivers are....kill that brand off!!!!!!!!
In college, we defined "Buick" as the sound someone made while throwing up.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='858103' date='Apr 24 2009, 08:37 PM
Why would they keep Buick? I hate Buicks. I get "buicked" at least once or twice a day! You know, chances are that the blue-haired old lady driving 25 in a 45 is more then likely driving a Buick....which in turn causes the e60 to get "buicked". You may write this off now...but start to keep track...you too will see how BAD Buick drivers are....kill that brand off!!!!!!!!
They would keep buick for 2 reasons:
1)Old People
2)Tiger Woods
Old 04-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='858103' date='Apr 24 2009, 09:37 PM
Why would they keep Buick? I hate Buicks. I get "buicked" at least once or twice a day! You know, chances are that the blue-haired old lady driving 25 in a 45 is more then likely driving a Buick....which in turn causes the e60 to get "buicked". You may write this off now...but start to keep track...you too will see how BAD Buick drivers are....kill that brand off!!!!!!!!
you dont understand builks because you are not yet collecting social security, regretting the fact you didnt make a retirement for yourself. it is the cheap old persons caddy
Old 04-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Members

My Ride: MY06 530i Silver Grey (A08)

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='858444' date='Apr 25 2009, 08:14 AM
They would keep buick for 2 reasons:
1)Old People
2)Tiger Woods
They sell a lot of them in china for some reason, probably safety since most Chinese national cars don't do so well in crash tests.

Last I heard was thatpontiac will now be a "boutique" brand similar to corvette. Saturn and Hummer are going to die too. My family currently owns several fords, but they don't compare to the bmw quality. If a domestic company built a car to the quality bmw does, then I'll buy it. Until then I'll stick to my car.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 305bimmer' post='858529' date='Apr 25 2009, 01:11 PM
They sell a lot of them in china for some reason, probably safety since most Chinese national cars don't do so well in crash tests.

Last I heard was thatpontiac will now be a "boutique" brand similar to corvette. Saturn and Hummer are going to die too. My family currently owns several fords, but they don't compare to the bmw quality. If a domestic company built a car to the quality bmw does, then I'll buy it. Until then I'll stick to my car.

my father has a C5 and and swears it is the greatest thing. i dont have the heart to tell him my 4 door bmw can prob out accelerate, out corner, out brake his car
Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

GM has stop rebadging cars, eventually all will dissappear (=> 2 brands ; luxury and normal class)
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Contributors

i am glad. pontiacs are pieces of shit.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

GM should have collaberated more with their Australian unit (GMH - General Motors Holden). GMH makes some damned nice and powerful cars. If they could bring more Holden brand vehicles here at a reasonable pricepoint (and create the Holden nameplate here in the US), ditch Saturn, Pontiac, Buick, and sell off Hummer and SAAB, it could be viable. The Pontiac G8 is exported from Holden, and is based on the Holden Commodore SSV - a pretty damned nice vehicle in Holden form. Pontiac's attempt at reviving the GTO was also a Holden export, though the Holden version was nicer. Holden is very well respected overseas, and is an impessive marque brand. I was very impressed by their vehicles.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Senior Members

i once got a Pontiac as a loaner....couldn't wait to get my e60 back !!
60 mph + the car felt very unsafe...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='860554' date='Apr 27 2009, 02:56 PM
GM should have collaberated more with their Australian unit (GMH - General Motors Holden). GMH makes some damned nice and powerful cars. If they could bring more Holden brand vehicles here at a reasonable pricepoint (and create the Holden nameplate here in the US), ditch Saturn, Pontiac, Buick, and sell off Hummer and SAAB, it could be viable. The Pontiac G8 is exported from Holden, and is based on the Holden Commodore SSV - a pretty damned nice vehicle in Holden form. Pontiac's attempt at reviving the GTO was also a Holden export, though the Holden version was nicer. Holden is very well respected overseas, and is an impessive marque brand. I was very impressed by their vehicles.
The G8 and especially the 415 bhp G8 GXP is an excellent value for the money. Unfortunately, GM's brand image is so horrific that it just doesn't matter. Too little. Too late. It's very sad. My wife and I love to watch car auctions and you will see the most beautiful American cars from the 1930's-early 1970's. Those cars dominated the world car market. And for good reason. That was when you could be proud to own a Caddy or a Pontiac.

Then the gas crunch of the 1970's hit and American car makers never recovered. They started building crap (the Ford Mustang II, the Pinto, the Aztek, the Caddy 4-6-8 engine that did not work to name a few) and never looked back.

Then BMW, Lexus, MB, Toyota, Nissan and other foreign makers all built much better cars than we here in America did. It is so unfortunate to see the decimation of the American middle class and the evaporation of American manufacturing capacity that is symbolized by the downfall of GM and Chrysler.

Consumer vote with their wallets. I've not bought an American car since I was 19 because the foreign cars, including our beloved BMWs, are just so much better.

But I do not celebrate the failure of the American auto industry because the lost middle-class jobs and manufacturing capacity are lost forever.

Quick Reply: GM pulls the plug on Pontiac