Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

global warming

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

random post. well im taking semester finals this week and was reminded by a study guide about an issue mostly brought up by al gore.. he gives a presentation about global warming. as much as i spend time on this forum im trying to study at the same time haha. well we watched the video in class called "an inconvenient truth". it did make sense and all.. and being raised as a liberal i was just looking into it to study off of. one of the things i have to do is relate it to today and what could happen.. including smog, ozone layer, ultraviolet rays, etc.. plus it got me thinking because in some parts of the world it is said that the weather is a little bit odd than what it should be. just wondering.. any thoughts / opinions?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Nature (if you have a login) has a good piece on the release of Methane from permafrost areas in Russia. SEED also covers the article here....

http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/2006/09/post_3.php

From the SEED article...
"The fear is that the thawing lake region, which comprises 90 percent of the Russian permafrost zone, will dump methane into the atmosphere at a rate that will dwarf any human attempts to curtail carbon dioxide emissions."

Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

"Aliens Cause Global Warming" - Interesting read...

http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speeches/sp...es_quote04.html

"The Impossibility of Prediction" - Another one...

http://www.crichton-official.com/spe...pc-speech.html

Many others on his site.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

i just found it amazing wen i saw results of amounts of carbon dioxide being emitted from the past being compared to the present. cant imagine what would happen if those polar ice caps and antarctica and north pole break off and / or melt after seeing hurricanes in the south. just thought its an interesting and debatable subject.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Senior Members

I saw the same movie and was surprised at the same findings as well. I have to say that in Chicago this year we have had one day of snow and it has not dipped below frezzing. Very odd for CHicago, can't remember the last year it was this warm and with no snow. We haev had 50 degree days in December...never heard of....I have to say that I can see the effects of global warming everyday....Its a real issue that is over looked. I think its an issue that will become more harmful for the next generation and my daughters..... great topic and can go on and on with a debate...
Old 01-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

"If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder in 1990, but eleven degrees colder by the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age."

UC Davis, Kenneth Watt in 1970 on the first Earth Day!

If Al Gore and his scientists are correct. Why have they refused all debates on the subject of thier movie?

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/index.html
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='376924' date='Jan 11 2007, 01:04 PM
"If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder in 1990, but eleven degrees colder by the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age."

UC Davis, Kenneth Watt in 1970 on the first Earth Day!

If Al Gore and his scientists are correct. Why have they refused all debates on the subject of thier movie?

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/index.html

Exactly - read those Crichton speeches if you get a chance.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' post='376694' date='Jan 11 2007, 01:20 PM
I saw the same movie and was surprised at the same findings as well. I have to say that in Chicago this year we have had one day of snow and it has not dipped below frezzing. Very odd for CHicago, can't remember the last year it was this warm and with no snow. We haev had 50 degree days in December...never heard of....I have to say that I can see the effects of global warming everyday....Its a real issue that is over looked. I think its an issue that will become more harmful for the next generation and my daughters..... great topic and can go on and on with a debate...
well 1 day it will be hot in winter and will never see snow again.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Contributors

GOOD GOOD GOOD article. Must read.

http://www.dailytech.com/Bad+News+for+Glob...article5914.htm
Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

It Snowed at my Fathers house in LA last week snow in LA what is that lol!!

Quick Reply: global warming