Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

A friend who's looking for a hidden camera

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,,
My friend was really pissed off this morning.
He lived in a neighborhood which has a giant number of children around.
he said, he did saw some children were playing around with eggs and flour the night before the incident.
and One of the eggs hit his car which was parked just outside his house..
Today, he asked me where to buy a hidden camera. My answered was simply "No Idea"..
Just wanna mention it to a member of this forum.
Because I think it's a funny incident and sad too..
Anybody know where to buy hidden camera in the U.S.? Like a hidden camera in pen or digital clock?
I know we can find one of those in electronic store, but it isn't always good.
Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Originally Posted by Yoko' post='455973' date='Aug 6 2007, 05:23 PM
Hi guys,,
My friend was really pissed off this morning.
He lived in a neighborhood which has a giant number of children around.
he said, he did saw some children were playing around with eggs and flour the night before the incident.
and One of the eggs hit his car which was parked just outside his house..
Today, he asked me where to buy a hidden camera. My answered was simply "No Idea"..
Just wanna mention it to a member of this forum.
Because I think it's a funny incident and sad too..
Anybody know where to buy hidden camera in the U.S.? Like a hidden camera in pen or digital clock?
I know we can find one of those in electronic store, but it isn't always good.
Thanks
Just having completed this type of project at home. It really comes down to what he wants to spend and how elaborate he wants to get. I have tons of resources, but a couple of good all around sources would be:

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/security-cameras.html
http://www.smarthome.com/_/Cameras_Surveil.../_/13/land.aspx

FWIW: My system is powered by a Mac running SecuritySpy software and an assortment of cameras. My total tab was near $2K, but the system takes care of itself and just works like it should.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Contributors

Why does he want a hidden camera, hidden in a pen? I have several visible security camers on the outside of my house pointed at my cars and my property. It's a great deterrent, aswell as being practical to film any incidents that may happen.

Pen and clock cameras are meant for filming inside when you want to catch somebody doing something, thinking they are not being watched. If you friend was to stand outside pointing a clock at the offendors, that would look even more suspicious than pointing a camera at them!!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

maybe hidden cameras in a bush/tree or behind a window to see outside. maybe even in a fake drainage pipe, ive seen that done. just my opinion, i dont think a thief would care if there was a visible camera. there's so many things a thief could do to get that camera out of the picture, like wear a mask, break it, cover the lens, etc. best go with hidden camera i would say.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='456275' date='Aug 7 2007, 01:34 PM
maybe hidden cameras in a bush/tree or behind a window to see outside. maybe even in a fake drainage pipe, ive seen that done. just my opinion, i dont think a thief would care if there was a visible camera. there's so many things a thief could do to get that camera out of the picture, like wear a mask, break it, cover the lens, etc. best go with hidden camera i would say.
+1,
He's looking for a hidden camera in pen or clock, stuff like that because he wants to put it inside the car.
So nobody will think that the pen actually has a camera on it.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by Yoko' post='456324' date='Aug 7 2007, 06:10 PM
+1,
He's looking for a hidden camera in pen or clock, stuff like that because he wants to put it inside the car.
So nobody will think that the pen actually has a camera on it.
He/she might want to check the local or state laws regarding video or audio recordings. Some recordings made of public places may violate electronic surveillance laws. That could result in: 1) not being able to use the recordings to prosecute a perpetrator, and 2) the user of the camera/recording device being sued for civil damages. Those who sell the equipment will be glad to sell the stuff, but look for the disclaimer about "violation of law" on the sales slip.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='456356' date='Aug 8 2007, 07:41 AM
He/she might want to check the local or state laws regarding video or audio recordings. Some recordings made of public places may violate electronic surveillance laws. That could result in: 1) not being able to use the recordings to prosecute a perpetrator, and 2) the user of the camera/recording device being sued for civil damages. Those who sell the equipment will be glad to sell the stuff, but look for the disclaimer about "violation of law" on the sales slip.
it should be OK if the camera is only showing the car within you area of your house, dont forget the parking space in front of the house is your in the end and itis privet properte.
I have 2 showing the front of my house.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='456356' date='Aug 7 2007, 07:41 PM
You have the right to take anyone's picture as long as it is not for profit.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

I had the same issue of sorts. I used my Mac Powerbook, iSight and software from Security Spy. you can find it at Securityspy.com

It can capture video when motion is detected in the frame of the camera or a selected area.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M6 Coupe Sapphire Black/Black Merino Loaded

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='456407' date='Aug 7 2007, 08:40 PM
You have the right to take anyone's picture as long as it is not for profit.
Yup... there is some language regarding a "reasonable expectation of privacy" as well, but as long as you are watching your goods or a public place, you are covered. Audio is another issue.