Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Freak Accident/Christmas Miracle

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

that's simply incredible -- in German they would say "Gluck im Ungluck", which directly translated means "luck in unluck"

I hope Teagan makes a full and swift recovery
Old 12-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding donations, is there;

1) Any information on how much the actual cost is?
2) Information about how much has been donated/raised so far, and what is outstanding?
3) The ability to donate using PayPal or other easy online method?

If the above could be provided (perhaps somebody could set up a website / management fund), I am sure the donations would be much more likely to appear ... I for one have something in mind and ready, but have no easy way of donating to an overseas account other than physically driving 12 miles to my bank and filling out a paper form which takes about half an hour. If it were online, I'd donate this second.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='511178' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:37 PM
Regarding donations, is there;

1) Any information on how much the actual cost is?
2) Information about how much has been donated/raised so far, and what is outstanding?
3) The ability to donate using PayPal or other easy online method?

If the above could be provided (perhaps somebody could set up a website / management fund), I am sure the donations would be much more likely to appear ... I for one have something in mind and ready, but have no easy way of donating to an overseas account other than physically driving 12 miles to my bank and filling out a paper form which takes about half an hour. If it were online, I'd donate this second.
Russ, Thank you very much for your input, all great ideas. I have contacted my friend Jodi who is heading up the fund for Teagan's medical bills and passed along your ideas and concerns. We are looking into options as I post.
If any of you have any experience in these matters or ideas on how to set something up please feel free to chime in with your input as well.
Thank you in advance!

John
Old 12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='511223' date='Dec 27 2007, 08:31 PM
Russ, Thank you very much for your input, all great ideas. I have contacted my friend Jodi who is heading up the fund for Teagan's medical bills and passed along your ideas and concerns. We are looking into options as I post.
If any of you have any experience in these matters or ideas on how to set something up please feel free to chime in with your input as well.
Thank you in advance!

John
Recently, one of my manager's nephew passed away from an auto accident. His sister-in-law required re-constructive surgery and he had set-up a donations fund to help her out. What he did was set-up a bank account with the Dr. who was in charge of the surgery. He then provided the bank information to those who were interested in donating to help. I simply issued an online bill-pay from my bank to the receiving bank for the donation.

To add to Russ' suggestion, I can also see PayPal as a means for donation. John, all Jodi would have to do is set-up a PayPal account tied to their bank account, and you would simply have to provide to those who are interested in donating is the recipient's [Jodi's?] email address, so that the funds could be properly allocated.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='511227' date='Dec 27 2007, 10:37 PM
Recently, one of my manager's nephew passed away from an auto accident. His sister-in-law required re-constructive surgery and he had set-up a donations fund to help her out. What he did was set-up a bank account with the Dr. who was in charge of the surgery. He then provided the bank information to those who were interested in donating to help. I simply issued an online bill-pay from my bank to the receiving bank for the donation.

To add to Russ' suggestion, I can also see PayPal as a means for donation. John, all Jodi would have to do is set-up a PayPal account tied to their bank account, and you would simply have to provide to those who are interested in donating is the recipient's [Jodi's?] email address, so that the funds could be properly allocated.
Thanks Frank, Great info. I will mention these options as well.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Members

My Ride: Jet Black 2005 BMW 530. Premium/Sports Package, Black Leather, Chrome Star Spoke alloy wheels, Automatic Transmission, Adaptive Xenon Headlights...

I saw her on the news last night and she looks great, She has a small scratch on the top of her eyelid and smiling like a little angel. Glad she's okay...
Old 12-29-2007, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The toddler and her parents are going to be on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends Saturday" in a short while (they just teased it before a commercial...)
Old 12-29-2007, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

They're done. I'll keep an eye out to see if they post a video of it on their site...
Old 12-29-2007, 05:04 AM
Senior Members

God Bless ..
Old 12-29-2007, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

rudy,
a fox news guy.. ...juliette is hot

Quick Reply: Freak Accident/Christmas Miracle