5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Lounge (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/)
-   -   Flying somewhere soon? (https://5series.net/forums/lounge-5/flying-somewhere-soon-34693/)

jagman 12-19-2006 02:18 PM

Next time you fly just remember these facts about flying
  • Next time you fly just remember
  • If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller. (Unless you keep pulling the stick back -- then they get bigger again)
  • Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.
  • It's better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.
  • The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat.
  • Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with the sky.
  • It's best to keep the pointed end going forward as much as possible.
  • The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
  • Every one already knows the definition of a 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. But very few know the definition of a 'great' landing. It's one after which you can use the airplane another time.
  • The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.
  • Always remember you fly an airplane with your head, not your hands. Never let an airplane take you somewhere your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier.
  • You know you've landed with the wheels up when it takes full power to taxi.
  • Those who hoot with the owls by night should not fly with the eagles by day.
  • A helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going round and round and reciprocating parts going up and down - all of them trying to become random in motion. Helicopters can't really fly - they're just so ugly that the earth immediately repels them.
  • Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
  • Trust your captain .... but keep your seat belt securely fastened.
  • Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.
  • Aviation is not so much a profession as it is a disease.
  • There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
  • The only thing worse than a captain who never flew as copilot is a copilot who once was a captain.
  • Be nice to your first officer, he may be your captain at your next airline.
  • It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.
  • A fool and his money are soon flying more airplane than he can handle.
  • Remember, you're always a student in an airplane.
  • Keep looking around; there's always something you've missed.
  • Try to keep the number of your landings equal to the number of your takeoffs.
  • You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.
  • There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold, pilots!
  • Gravity never loses -- the best you can hope for is a draw!
  • You start out flying with a bag of luck and a bag of experience, the trick is to get your bag of experience full before your bag of luck is empty.

Flying will never seem the same again :dance:

Iceman 12-19-2006 02:34 PM

:)

dlevi67 12-19-2006 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by jagman' post='369278' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:18 PM
  • A helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going round and round and reciprocating parts going up and down - all of them trying to become random in motion. Helicopters can't really fly - they're just so ugly that the earth immediately repels them.

Flying will never seem the same again :dance:

:lol:

cobradav 12-29-2006 06:51 AM

:lol: :lol:

info@trinityautosport 12-29-2006 06:51 AM

hahaha

andy545 12-29-2006 07:52 AM

I'll use this as my ckecklist from now on.. :D :P

Flowerfred 12-29-2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by andy545' post='372102' date='Dec 29 2006, 04:52 PM
I'll use this as my ckecklist from now on.. :D :P

You should know :-)

Centurion 01-10-2007 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='369310' date='Dec 19 2006, 04:49 PM
A helicopter is a collection of rotating parts going round and round and reciprocating parts going up and down - all of them trying to become random in motion. Helicopters can't really fly - they're just so ugly that the earth immediately repels them.

LOL!
If I recall, our very own cidair is a helicopter pilot. :lol:

Iceman 01-11-2007 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='376722' date='Jan 11 2007, 08:11 AM
LOL!
If I recall, our very own cidair is a helicopter pilot. :lol:

Yes, he is! ;)