Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Fahrenheit 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Agree, but who exactly is the enemy though ?
Old 08-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Aug 4 2004, 12:05 PM
Agree, but who exactly is the enemy though ?
Terrorists. Al Qaida. Still searching for them. But some Iraqis are trying to make a whole different story out of it.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

I went into this movie not really giving a rat's @ss about the whole election thing...

Read: Recent college grad.. very apathetic to most of this crap we call politics.... but... i walked out thinking I should register to vote...

alot of my friends are like this.. i think Moore succeeded in getting the message to us the only way possible.. on a TV screen..haha...

Old 08-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Initialdl' date='Aug 4 2004, 08:35 PM
alot of my friends are like this.. i think Moore succeeded in getting the message to us the only way possible.. on a TV screen..
Allthough I don't like the way Moore uses the PR machinery I admit that he is very succesfull in doing it and I give him credit for getting you guys to vote...
I see it this way... I don't vote, I don't have a right to complain about my political leaders...
Old 08-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 4 2004, 10:05 AM
[quote name='andy545' date='Aug 4 2004, 12:05 PM'] Agree, but who exactly is the enemy though ?
Terrorists. Al Qaida. Still searching for them. But some Iraqis are trying to make a whole different story out of it. [/quote]
Who are terrorists?? That is the big problem. I remember Bush saying: We are going to war against terrorism, you're either with us or against us. So when the french didn't support the war were they the terrorists???

There has been terrorism the last 30 years (remember lockerbie), then we didn't go to war against libia, or al the other terrorist threads. The fact alone that America is now on te second the worst terrorisme warning right before elections says enough. The newspapers in Holland report on this and publicly and openly doubt if there is such a thread.
Bush is trying to stay in the seat by putting fear in the heads of the people.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 5 2004, 11:58 AM
Who are terrorists?? That is the big problem. I remember Bush saying: We are going to war against terrorism, you're either with us or against us. So when the french didn't support the war were they the terrorists???

There has been terrorism the last 30 years (remember lockerbie), then we didn't go to war against libia, or al the other terrorist threads. The fact alone that America is now on te second the worst terrorisme warning right before elections says enough. The newspapers in Holland report on this and publicly and openly doubt if there is such a thread.
Bush is trying to stay in the seat by putting fear in the heads of the people.
When he said with or against us, I guess he meant going to war. And just when you are with us you have a saying in it...
I don't think he meant, who is against us is a terrorist...
In the past there was not enough action taken against terrorists, that's why they had the time to built their infrastructure...
And Lockerbie... That was the same group who put a bomb in the German night club "La Belle"... And President Reagan did something... Allthough it was just a warning... Remember the attack on Tripolis ???
We had those problems in the past, as we have them today. But today they are stronger, so that's why we need to react harder...

IMHO
Old 08-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Contributors

A little humor to add:
Attached Thumbnails Fahrenheit 9/11-__curious_george_w_bush_comedy.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Cool, I think I've seen more of those... Will check when I'm home, maybe I can add some to this collection.
Speaking about the President, wasn't that a funny speach ?
I think President Bush is a great entertainer...
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2004, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

The one resembling the toymonkey is the best!!! They should bring that one out for real, I would buy it!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 9 2004, 04:49 PM
The one resembling the toymonkey is the best!!! They should bring that one out for real, I would buy it!
Search for curious George. That is the monkeys name.

Quick Reply: Fahrenheit 9/11