Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

F.ILLI PONTE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

I would like to say thank you very much, to Anthony, for all his help tonight.

The food was just as good as the first time if not BETTER!!!

The service was fantastic, the atmosphere was great, and my table, thank you to Anthony, was the best table in the house. Beutiful view over looking the river, and the lights of Jersey City made everything perfect. Very romatic setting, live music playing, could not ask for anything more.

If you are looking for a real authentic Italian cuisine, this is the place to be.

Thank you very much Anthony for everything.

I think all our meet and greets should end up there.

And guys if you wanna impress your wifes, girlfriends, or mistresses, this is the place.

Hands down......
Old 02-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Do you have the address ?
I was planning to come to NY soon and if he isn't far from the city I might go to this Anthony's restaurant to certify the cuisine
Old 02-15-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i SMG , Oriental Blue, Congiac Leather Interior, Nav., Park Assist, Logic 7, Sports Pkg, Cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, SS Brake lines, free flow air filter and a supercharger (coming soon)etc.....all the good stuff

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='531705' date='Feb 15 2008, 03:56 AM
Do you have the address ?
I was planning to come to NY soon and if he isn't far from the city I might go to this Anthony's restaurant to certify the cousin

http://www.filliponte.com/html/index2.htm

West side in the City
Old 02-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by SMG353' post='531719' date='Feb 15 2008, 12:22 PM

They seem common dishes, but always savoury if they are well coocked .

I would try 'Ravioli del giorno', that is a type of pasta, with ricotta (a special sort of cheese) inside . But they don't report the sauce, that is even more important . I hope a good tomatoes sauce .

For second, I'd order 'bistecca fiorentina', that is a part of the cow typical of Florence: a tall piece of meat, with a T shape bone in the center, cooked on a very high fire for 2-3 minutes per side . it remains red inside, so you have to appreciate the blood
The quality of the dish depends on the quality of the meat, so the animal has to be a good animal .

With some baked patatoes, cutted in little cubes with oil, garlic if you like it, pepper, salt and 30-40 minutes in the oven .

The characteristic of Italy is that every city/region has its 10-15 dishes : you can go in the North on mountain to eat deers or mushrooms, in the center other things (tuscany and rome) then in the South, 1000 miles far from the north, and eat completely different things (the climate changes) but equally fantastic .

If you will have the chance to come here, search for a big book full of recipes
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

the egglplant comes highly recommended....it's very good
Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 530i Mtech

Thanks Chris for the write up! Im glad you and your wife had a great time. I told them make sure they put you by the window Im glad they did. If anyone would like to go to my restaurant please PM me and I will set something up for you. Thanks again Chris. Anthony
Old 02-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Looks like you guys should start a tradition of F.Illi Ponte Meets like our CCH meets here in NorCal.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AlexFW' post='531802
The characteristic of Italy is that every city/region has its 10-15 dishes : you can go in the North on mountain to eat deers or mushrooms, in the center other things (tuscany and rome) then in the South, 1000 miles far from the north, and eat completely different things (the climate changes) but equally fantastic .
One of the many things I love about Italy.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Senior Members

Forgot to ask, how is the secure BMW only parking?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='531928' date='Feb 15 2008, 07:37 PM
Forgot to ask, how is the secure BMW only parking?
Its NY.... I would never park my car in the city. Great place to eat though.

Quick Reply: F.ILLI PONTE