Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

F*CK List (Thesis from a Female Duke Grad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has been on the radio, in the news, and on the web all morning. It is a detailed list of 13 Duke athletes this female student, Karen Owen slept with where she apparently ranks their sexual prowess and abilities IN DETAIL. She includes the names and pictures of the athletes. As of an hour ago, many of the athletes have lawyered up and the chick who made this presentation to be shared with 3 friends has since deleted all of her socail networking accounts. Some websites with copies of this presentation have since blured or blacked out names and faces of the athletes due to threats from lawyers and a request from the girl who made the presentation.

They said this morning on the radio that this presentation is NOT suitible for work. There are no sexually explicit pictures, but there is detailed and explicit language. The morning radio show here in Tampa/Jacksonville/St Louis swears you wont get a thing done at work for at least an hour after you open this presentation.

I have not seen it yet since I am at work. I will check it out when i get home

http://deadspin.com/5652280/the-full...yline=true&s=i

Article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...chool-athletes
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Hmm... Is the law on their side?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonymac
Hmm... Is the law on their side?
I havent seen the presentation yet, but the law is increasingly on the side of victims of invasion of privacy in the internet age. In reality, coming from a single 27 year old guy, I would be MORTIFIED if my name and face popped up on an internet sensation powerpoint where I was deemed horrible in bed and having a small penis. Luckily this isn't an issue for me <borat>highfive</borat>

Even on the flip side, I would be furious if I was the guy who was great and was the one who caused her to be "unable to walk" the next day, as i read in an article. I would be devistated if my mom saw that- she is proficient with the internet and social networking. I would be horrified if my current/future wife saw that.

With the increase in cyberbullying related suicides- we will see laws in the near future that really hit people that publish defamitory information or libel transmitted over the web. We all know, once something is on the internet, it exists forever. I dont think society has come to grips with that reality yet. The law will help them understand the magnitude of publishing private/intimate matters and libel on the web.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

While I can agree with what you're saying Craig, I wouldn't be surprised if the law ends up on the girl's side. For one thing this is a thesis that was never intended for public use, for another? Any man that has ever been in a locker room at any point in their lives has heard far worse descriptions of conquests by men. Let the ladies get a little payback
Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I actually looked through a few last week (this was last week's news), but the site was so slow that I just lol'ed and stopped.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Is she a hottie?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

lol who taught this woman how to read and write?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by stoic1
Is she a hottie?
Even if she is do you want to be part of the next "list"?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
While I can agree with what you're saying Craig, I wouldn't be surprised if the law ends up on the girl's side. For one thing this is a thesis that was never intended for public use, for another? Any man that has ever been in a locker room at any point in their lives has heard far worse descriptions of conquests by men. Let the ladies get a little payback
True. and of course it wasn't intentional. Hell, I commend the hilariousness of this thing. But it got out due to carelessness and now it will affect peoples lives, intentional or not.

Personally, i believe it will negatively impact her own life too. On the plus side, she writes well, and as a recent college grad, she got her name out there... and who doesn't like an office slut? but on the downside, i look at it like this... I would never date her and that is a negative thing in and of itself... and I am pretty awesome... let me tell you why I wouldnt date her: I am not in highschool anymore. I dont concern myself with how many dudes a girl I am dating has been with. I do not need to know a single thing about any previous sexual conquests. What I tell buddies over a couple of beers I would not want a girl I was dating or more importantly getting more serious about (which i dont do... joke )- and I dont want to know her business.

This is the kind of thing in the world of Web 2.0 that everyone will know about and have seen. If I was dating her, I dont want to know the specific penis details of the dude she went down on in a library stairwell as she was high-fiving him... in the end, she sounds like a cool ass chick, but now that I have heard her stories, she is tainted. Everyone will have heard her stories... this isn't good for anyone involved... but she was dumb enough to email it to people. While I think something would have been lost in printing it out and showing a few friends during girls night in (you know, the nights when girls get together and have pillow fights and tickle eachother) it might have been the better idea.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by craigm1841
...(you know, the nights when girls get together and have pillow fights and tickle each other)...

Quick Reply: F*CK List (Thesis from a Female Duke Grad)