Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Early lease trade in with a different car company

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

I am about 14 months into a 39 month lease on a MB c300 for my wife. We need a bigger car and are looking at the Mazda CX9 SUV. The Mazda dealership states its no problem getting out of the Mercedes lease. Mazda plan to pay off whatever I owe on the Merc. if I buy the CX9.

Whats the catch here? Will this affect my credit score?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by juventus
I am about 14 months into a 39 month lease on a MB c300 for my wife. We need a bigger car and are looking at the Mazda CX9 SUV. The Mazda dealership states its no problem getting out of the Mercedes lease. Mazda plan to pay off whatever I owe on the Merc. if I buy the CX9.

Whats the catch here? Will this affect my credit score?

Thanks
Don't do it unless you want to get totally hosed on your new lease. The money to pay off MB on the balance of your old lease will come from you. It will be rolled into your new lease. It is not a credit score issue. But the money to pay off MB will not materialize out of thin air. You'll just get f*cked on your new lease. And with so many months remaining on your old lease, you will be f*cked royally. Car dealers take huge advantage of people who do not understand how leases work. Do not lease any car unless you understand every component of the lease price and how the calculation of the lease payment is done.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Retired 2008 535i Titanium-silver with sport, premium, steptronic, NAV, HUD Retired 2006 525i

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Don't do it unless you want to get totally hosed on your new lease. The money to pay off MB on the balance of your old lease will come from you. It will be rolled into your new lease. It is not a credit score issue. But the money to pay off MB will not materialize out of thin air. You'll just get f*cked on your new lease. And with so many months remaining on your old lease, you will be f*cked royally. Car dealers take huge advantage of people who do not understand how leases work. Do not lease any car unless you understand every component of the lease price and how the calculation of the lease payment is done.

Actually, with zero percent financing on new Mazda's, I intend on buying it rather than leasing it.

Will I still get F#cked?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by juventus
Actually, with zero percent financing on new Mazda's, I intend on buying it rather than leasing it.

Will I still get F#cked?
Yes because they are not going to eat the huge costs of your remaining MB lease term. It will be passed onto you. If you are buying, it will be passed on by inflating your purchase price.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Juventus, ask them to give you details of the overall deal and post them here. We can tell you if it makes sense or not. Getting out of a lease early is never normally an issue but at just 14 months in to yours I agree with Scott that it is likely you're funding most of the cost yourself.

My wife has a CX-9 and it's actually a very good crossover. It is fast, comfortable, handles very well and has very communicative steering. Right now, you can get them for under invoice. I was looking at maybe getting a new one for my wife and I have little trouble getting to $1200 to $1500 under dealer invoice. Add in 60 months at 0% and it is hard to go wrong.

PM me if you need more info on the CX-9 or on the deals I was discussing with the dealers here in CA.