Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

E60 Rescues iPhone from idiot owner - ME

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i - Bone stock... help!

I get to work this morning, half asleep, mindlessly set my iPhone on top of my car while I gather paperwork, bottle water, sunglasses, etc, out of back seat and, as you'd guess, walked away from the car with the iPhone still on top of the car.

Lunch time rolls around and by then I'm obviously missing my phone, but figure I just left it in the car. I come out and the asshole next to me has parked so close to the driver side, his mirror and my mirror kissed. I crawl into the passenger side, look around for my phone, and figure I must have left it at home. No worries, I'll run get it and then grab a quick lunch. I pull out onto the main express way and here what sounds like something falling and bouncing off my car. I figure I must have ran over something or am imagining things.

Get to the house, no phone - I'm destroyed as I think I lost it somehow. All my contacts, photos, music, email, everything, my life is on that phone. I'm sick to my stomach about it. I go back to work without eating lunch and end up Valeting the car because I can't find any free spots. I spend the rest of the day bitching and moaning about how I'd never lost a cell phone before, etc and so forth.

Come 7pm I go out and request my car from Valet and when the guy brings it around, he drives right by me and around the bend a bit so I have to walk, annoyed, to my car. As I walk by the trunk of my car I spy my little iPhone resting contently in the gap between the trunk and the rear windshield........ HOly........

My car caught the damned thing and clung to it through my trek across Dubai!!!!

When I told my wife - Her response: We're NEVER selling that car!!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Nice! Great story.. thanks for sharing...
Old 01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

My wife did something similar a year or so back. She left her phone in the little well area where the wipers are ( don't ask me why ) Though, with her, the last she saw of her phone was when it slid up the windscreen and over the roof while she was doing 70mph down the motorway!! I must admit I did laugh at that one...
Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Members

Damn nice story and very happy ending.

I know how it is to feel ill to the stomach when you mess with loosing phone or keys or even worse wallet. It seems the iPhone is made for the E60 They work perfectly together and save each other form time to time

You must be glad that Apple didn't make the phone thicker cuz otherwise it would have tumbled off the trunk.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 (01/05 Build) Titanium Silver Metallic 530i, Black Dakota Leather Interior w/Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Cold, Premium & Sport Packages, Steptronic, Bluetooth MODS: OEM 166's (M5 Offset) on General's (245/35 & 275/30), 15mm H&R Spacers, Auxiliary Audio Input, 6000K Xenon Headlights and Matching HID Fogs, AIB v3.0, SprintBooster, OEM LED License Plate Bulbs, Smoked LED Side Markers, Matte Black Kidney Grills

Oh man that was a close call...very nice ending
Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Dirk - so glad that you are keeping the car. Nothing beats a happy ending!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

she's right never sell the car!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by dirksqjaw' post='778567' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:56 PM
I get to work this morning, half asleep, mindlessly set my iPhone on top of my car while I gather paperwork, bottle water, sunglasses, etc, out of back seat and, as you'd guess, walked away from the car with the iPhone still on top of the car.

Lunch time rolls around and by then I'm obviously missing my phone, but figure I just left it in the car. I come out and the asshole next to me has parked so close to the driver side, his mirror and my mirror kissed. I crawl into the passenger side, look around for my phone, and figure I must have left it at home. No worries, I'll run get it and then grab a quick lunch. I pull out onto the main express way and here what sounds like something falling and bouncing off my car. I figure I must have ran over something or am imagining things.

Get to the house, no phone - I'm destroyed as I think I lost it somehow. All my contacts, photos, music, email, everything, my life is on that phone. I'm sick to my stomach about it. I go back to work without eating lunch and end up Valeting the car because I can't find any free spots. I spend the rest of the day bitching and moaning about how I'd never lost a cell phone before, etc and so forth.

Come 7pm I go out and request my car from Valet and when the guy brings it around, he drives right by me and around the bend a bit so I have to walk, annoyed, to my car. As I walk by the trunk of my car I spy my little iPhone resting contently in the gap between the trunk and the rear windshield........ HOly........

My car caught the damned thing and clung to it through my trek across Dubai!!!!

When I told my wife - Her response: We're NEVER selling that car!!
Great story. NOW, back that iphone up so it doesn't happen again. You won't be so lucky next time.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='778579' date='Jan 27 2009, 02:05 PM
My wife did something similar a year or so back. She left her phone in the little well area where the wipers are ( don't ask me why ) Though, with her, the last she saw of her phone was when it slid up the windscreen and over the roof while she was doing 70mph down the motorway!! I must admit I did laugh at that one...
OOOO THAT IS FUNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Contributors

what would've been even funnier is if you were driving and the phone rang. i'm sure the bt would have picked it up and you would've been able to carry a conversation not knowing where your phone was.

Quick Reply: E60 Rescues iPhone from idiot owner - ME