Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live here in south fl.. and a good friend of mine works at the place where shaq gets some of his cars customized... needless to say my friend is cool with shaq and he takes the cars home sometimes that he's working on...

some 1 told me that they saw him driving a gallardo yesterday so last nite i happen to be in my friends neigborhood and stopped by his house.. and sure enough there was a 2 tone silver/baby blue gallardo out front... i call my friend he comes out and i sit in the car and he turns it on... then im standing outside the car and i notice something weird... the car looks longer than usual.. so i question my friend about it and he tells me yeah its streched out for SHAQ he paid 80k to get it strechtched out... the seats inside dont move they are fit for a 7" footer ofcourse so my friend is only about 6" so he has to drive with a big pillow behind him to reach the pedals lol. well off to the good part i told my buddy to give me my first ride in a lambo and ofcourse he didnt say no.. we took it for a spin on an empty road and OMG that is a beast.. the car is stock engine wise.. it does have system upgrade full alpine head unit , custom headliner , custom seats ect... my freind cleaned the clock to 150mph in no time and the car has some serious torque... the brakes left me in awwwww it stopped on a dime... i tried to take a couple pics of it last nite on my pda phone but it was too dark and they didnt show... my buddy is suppose to have the car for another 2 weeks because they are installing an exhaust system and hamman kit to the car.. so i'll probably go by later on and take some pics of it in the day time so you guys can see it... over all it was a cool night and i got to ride in my first lambo even if it wasnt wish SHAQ himself the ride in was car was cool enough.. lol i have to say im sold... I want a lambo but im about 150 grand short lol.

funny thing is that i saw a video on street fire.net those that where posted from members of the m5board.com and a orange gallardo was side by side with an M5 so if thats the case id like to go for a ride in an M5 and see if it feels the same. well thats all for this little story enjoy and thanks for reading.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Great story. I'm sure it was a blast...
Old 09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='464858' date='Sep 1 2007, 01:50 PM
Great story. I'm sure it was a blast...
+1. and looking forward to seeing some pics too
Old 09-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Must have been awesome.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

So customers pay your friend to upgrade and customize their car(s) and he feels it appropriate to take his friends for a joy ride in them.
I suppose you both were just getting baseline measurements so that you can tell if there's a difference after the exhaust and Hamann kit are installed.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Centurion' post='465071' date='Sep 2 2007, 02:41 PM
So customers pay your friend to upgrade and customize their car(s) and he feels it appropriate to take his friends for a joy ride in them.
I suppose you both were just getting baseline measurements so that you can tell if there's a difference after the exhaust and Hamann kit are installed.
ummm yeah basically.. he's cool with shaq and ofcourse dosent take cars home without the owners permission.. it is what it is.. anyways went by there just now and took some pics of the car in the day time with my phone here it is..
Attached Thumbnails Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...-image_00041.jpg   Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...-image_00043.jpg   Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...-image_00044.jpg   Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...-image_00046.jpg   Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...-image_00047.jpg  

Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...-image_00048.jpg  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

HAhaha wow thats awesome! very interesting.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

that is longer than usual very nice though
Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

So was it custom made by Lambo for Shaq? Or did they stretch the body off a production model?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='465145' date='Sep 2 2007, 06:31 PM
So was it custom made by Lambo for Shaq? Or did they stretch the body off a production model?

i don't believe it was custom by lambo for shaq.. the car car still has california plates... from what my friend told me the stretching involved cutting and welding .. custom doors where orderd with double hinges for added wieght and custom windows door panels ect... supposedly a very reputable shop in cali did all the wok when the custom parts were ordered.. all my friend knows is that shaq told him it cost about 80k to get it done.... when the car got here to FL it was already strecthed... the company is the same ones that always feature streched cars in the shows @ SEMA.. they've done bently gt's ,chrystler 300's, and other cars from what i hear...

Quick Reply: Drove in shaq's lamborghini last nite...