Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Do you ever just have one of those moments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

My car is well trained, it ALWAYS "Heels" Heals too though!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='811764' date='Mar 9 2009, 03:51 PM
Man, even at my age those moments only happen ever so often.
Oh My God. what i would give to be 16 again. When i was 16, i thought my life was pretty tough. ENJOY those moments. I am not lecturing by any means. I know the feeling you speak of. last time i felt that relaxed was in a blackhawk over baghdad and the sun had just gone down. funny, but i think the reason for it is because when you are in a situation like that, no other thing in your life matters, and for once.. just once, i had only one thing on my mind.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

I always have a great drive to and from work. It breaks up the day nicely. I get some of my best ideas sitting in traffic by living in the moment of me at one with the car. Every so often I turn off all the distractions and just listen to the motor purr.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='812038' date='Mar 9 2009, 09:23 PM
Oh My God. what i would give to be 16 again. When i was 16, i thought my life was pretty tough. ENJOY those moments. I am not lecturing by any means. I know the feeling you speak of. last time i felt that relaxed was in a blackhawk over baghdad and the sun had just gone down. funny, but i think the reason for it is because when you are in a situation like that, no other thing in your life matters, and for once.. just once, i had only one thing on my mind.
I guess I will really understand how worry free these days are when I am older. Man but that was really nice today, it felt like the car was driving itself everything was so smooth and relaxing.
And Thank You for your service to this Country.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='812088' date='Mar 9 2009, 10:16 PM
I guess I will really understand how worry free these days are when I am older. Man but that was really nice today, it felt like the car was driving itself everything was so smooth and relaxing.
And Thank You for your service to this Country.

It is hard to understand how worry free your days are until you get older. All the old people saying enjoy while you are young... well young people never heed that advice. thats why the saying "hind sight is 20/20" exists. regardless of how easy or hard on thinks their life is, you should always live your life, live it to the fullest!

your post has inspired me to go for a drive out to the beach on saturday. I have lived in tampa for almost 4 months now and have yet to make it out to the gulf coast.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='812096' date='Mar 9 2009, 10:31enjoying a personal PM

It is hard to understand how worry free your days are until you get older. All the old people saying enjoy while you are young... well young people never heed that advice. thats why the saying "hind sight is 20/20" exists. regardless of how easy or hard on thinks their life is, you should always live your life, live it to the fullest!
your post has inspired me to go for a drive out to the beach on saturday. I have lived in tampa for almost 4 months now and have yet to make it out to the gulf coast.
Craig, you have way too much time on your hands.

We had a fantastic BBQ this weekend, sorry you couldn't make it. Guess it's hard to add to that post count and participate in a meet at the same time .

Krozi drove from Bonita Springs to enjoy the event. Both him and his father are very cool folks. The "virtual" BMW forum is far less rewarding than the "real" one, at least IMO.

Enjoy your virtual...
Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='812109' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:07 PM
Craig, you have way too much time on your hands.

We had a fantastic BBQ this weekend, sorry you couldn't make it. Guess it's hard to add to that post count and participate in a meet at the same time .

Krozi drove from Bonita Springs to enjoy the event. Both him and his father are very cool folks. The "virtual" BMW forum is far less rewarding than the "real" one, at least IMO.

Enjoy your virtual...
ha. yeah. i wish i did come. i spent friday in bed hungover, like a looser unfortunately. i work sunday-wed and i work 12 hours through the night, which is how i can account for my excessive posting, however, I had no excuse to not come on friday although i attempted to use the long drive as an excuse. thanks for making me feel like crap about not coming on friday, and a looser for having a such a quick increase in post counts on a nightly basis.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='812134' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:40 PM
ha. yeah. i wish i did come. i spent friday in bed hungover, like a looser unfortunately. i work sunday-wed and i work 12 hours through the night, which is how i can account for my excessive posting, however, I had no excuse to not come on friday although i attempted to use the long drive as an excuse. thanks for making me feel like crap about not coming on friday, and a looser for having a such a quick increase in post counts on a nightly basis.
Sorry, but your gonna feel really shitty when you find the other posts where I followed ya. BTW, the picnic was on Saturday, not Friday
Old 03-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='812136' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry, but your gonna feel really shitty when you find the other posts where I followed ya. BTW, the picnic was on Saturday, not Friday
i realized that is was saturday... i was just checking out the pics. i had no excuse at all. next time there is a meet, i will be there....
Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='812145' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:52 PM
i realized that is was saturday... i was just checking out the pics. i had no excuse at all. next time there is a meet, i will be there....
It was a lot of fun. You should definitely come.

Quick Reply: Do you ever just have one of those moments?